• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think that all largely holds for the Hurricanes game, but there might be a bit off resting/rotation for the rebels or holding a couple of the injured guys back just to be sure they're ok.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I love Nick’s writing. In this case though, as a fan who loves the scrum, this makes me proud to be a Red fan.

There are a shed load of guys to congratulate here, but I’m just going to start and stop with Lillicrap.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A terrific piece.

“ Angus Blyth and Ryan Smith may be more Ian Gough than Alun-Wyn Jones, more grunt than glitterati, but they outshone their more highly-touted opponents in the second row on the day. ”

Suggests Nasser should be a Wallaby contender sooner rather than later too. Pity about his injury.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is there a joke I have missed,or does every (GAGR and Roar) rugby forum, ironically typically dedicated to the team he has coached for 4 years, add the "e" to Thorn for no reason whatsoever???

Well, I'll be. No more "e"s from me.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It was a genuine question. Given the amount of Roy and HG style nicknames for seemingly every player, and the fact he more often is spelt with an e I figured it was another nickname I had missed - like half the wallaby ones!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I won’t promise anything as my short term memory and recall for names and how they are spelt is shocking (I think I have always felt a dementure candidate).

Don’t even start on the challenge for me recalling how to spell players with pacific island backgrounds names. That is why abbreviations or use of initials or reference to first names is often useful strategy for me so I don’t get too much stick from the AHD spelling and name nazis on here.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I won’t promise anything as my short term memory and recall for names and how they are spelt is shocking (I think I have always felt a dementure candidate).

Don’t even start on the challenge for me recalling how to spell players with pacific island backgrounds names. That is why abbreviations or use of initials or reference to first names is often useful strategy for me so I don’t get too much stick from the AHD spelling and name nazis on here.

I don't mind the spelling Nazis and think we should make the attempt. What can be irritating is spellcheck changes things on Auto that were right in the first place. "defiant" not "definite:. Worse MY spellcheck is constantly changing "Uru" to "Dru". Which reads as a specific sort of arrogant narcism.

My mis-spelling of Thorn is not one of those.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Doesn't take much effort to do a quick spell check of players' names before you post, particularly as your getting used to new players' names and you know you're not great at spelling them correctly straight off.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't mind the spelling Nazis and think we should make the attempt. What can be irritating is spellcheck changes things on Auto that were right in the first place. "defiant" not "definite:. Worse MY spellcheck is constantly changing "Uru" to "Dru". Which reads as a specific sort of arrogant narcism.

I always just thought you felt all the candidates at 6 for the wallabies are rubbish, and you would select yourself first ... well I will be damned

• Haha
Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Doesn't take much effort to do a quick spell check of players' names before you post, particularly as your getting used to new players' names and you know you're not great at spelling them correctly straight off.
Ok to set the record straight:

Yeh I do that and a lot of times but reality is I still don’t remember a lot of times as does not stick. And reality is other things are more important to invest time in cf what others may view as a priority as not everyone hard core to put in that repeated effort.

I post on a mobile like a lot of people and if you understand that you see you are actually expecting a lot of effort on my side on a mobile and I think some people need to have more middle ground expectations here. Yes I look up names but am I going to do this for every post.

And lastly I think some people need to remember we are not publishing a media article or reading a carefully prepared press statement on here and as long as people can easily understand the player being talked about does it really matter?

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

I don’t think ever misspelt thorn but not the point, ps yep spell check and fat fingers also a big mobile challenge.