• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sad to see him go but the writing has probably been on the wall this year given the selections. Tuttle is interesting, has a more controlled game that might pair well with younger 10s we're going to need to be building up off the bench over the next few years.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sad to see him go but the writing has probably been on the wall this year given the selections. Tuttle is interesting, has a more controlled game that might pair well with younger 10s we're going to need to be building up off the bench over the next few years.

I think Tate has been maturing nicely and has stepped into 9.5 while JOC (James O'Connor) has been unavailable. He will go well in bringing through young 10s.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think Tate has been maturing nicely and has stepped into 9.5 while JOC (James O'Connor) has been unavailable. He will go well in bringing through young 10s.

Sure, but he won't be playing 80 minutes week in week out, so a controlled nine with a solid kicking game, less prone to panic or wild moments is going to be good option to have on the bench.

Edit: Less prone to those things than Thomas/Sorovi, I've had no issue with Tate's play.

Reactions: dru

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorovi likely off to the Rebels.

There’s a chance Tuttle will come back this way.

Unfortunate, the Reds persisted with him for 2 years when he really had to work on some of his fundamentals to go with his flair, and now he's starting to look like a more rounded player. I would have thought he'd be one to keep. Clearly there is big wraps on thomas but to me still looks like he needs alot of work (like 2019 Sorovi)

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
If you are Liam Wright and off contract - and missed a Wallabies squad again… surely you’d be starting to look at the money available OS.

(This isn’t a rumour - just an observation)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If you are Liam Wright and off contract - and missed a Wallabies squad again… surely you’d be starting to look at the money available OS.

Wouldn't he stay out his studies? He's still Reds captain.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Wouldn't he stay out his studies? He's still Reds captain.

Didn’t know he is studying. Definitely could keep him here. Being captain is no doubt an honour but the money overseas would be getting hard to ignore. (Assuming he’d land a contract of course)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

It's interesting that McReight has already been elevated above him (at Wallabies level at least). I know they're not like for like but posters on here have been saying for a while McReight is the heir apparent and Wright is keeping his seat warm for Fraser. I didn't expect it happen so quickly though.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Didn’t know he is studying. Definitely could keep him here. Being captain is no doubt an honour but the money overseas would be getting hard to ignore. (Assuming he’d land a contract of course)

Majority of studies are still online given covid with a lot being more flexible in the future as a result. Unless it’s something with a practical component it probably won’t be a factor

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Majority of studies are still online given covid with a lot being more flexible in the future as a result. Unless it’s something with a practical component it probably won’t be a factor

I would have thought that medicine, like science, has mandatory prac work with most subjects.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I would have thought that medicine, like science, has mandatory prac work with most subjects.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is the guy with a spot in medicine (which he hasn't yet taken up I'm pretty sure, doing some science related Master's degree first). Wright isn't a medical student as far as I know.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He is also only 23 and still valued highly in QLD, if RA isn't backing him right now he might just go for a 1 year contract and try prove his worth next year injury free. Hopefully anyway

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

I dunno, Liam has been out most of this year through injury and took a good couple of weeks (understandably) to find his game feet again.

With McReight having a pretty solid year, it's hard to see where Liam fits into the starting 8. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) and Liam have a fairly similar game style these days, with both being 'Jack of all trades, masters of none' in the back 3.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sorovi likely off to the Rebels.

Sorovi and Lomani named for the Fijians.

I'm guessing the Rebels can't have both on their books next year due to the foreign players rule, if that is still a thing. Or is Lomani leaving the Rebels? I don't follow that thread.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Disappointed that we didn't get Pasitoa, I feel he would have been a great fit in a young backline. Guess he would have been behind JOC (James O'Connor) but they could have managed the two of them. Maybe big things expected of Lynagh, hopeful he's like his brother who played well for Quinn this season.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Disappointed that we didn't get Pasitoa, I feel he would have been a great fit in a young backline. Guess he would have been behind JOC (James O'Connor) but they could have managed the two of them. Maybe big things expected of Lynagh, hopeful he's like his brother who played well for Quinn this season.
Would be great to have Pasitoa at the Reds , but you get the feeling he is chasing a starting spot.

Was behind Noah at the Brumbies and JOC (James O'Connor) signed until 2023 with the Reds.

Both he and Carter Gordon probably won’t ride shotgun for that long.