• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
To be updated as events happen.

CONTRACTED:

Hookers:
Alex Mafi -2022
Josh Nasser - 2022
Richie Asiata -2022

Props:
Taniela Tupou - 2023
Zane Nonggorr - 2022
Harry Hoopert - 2023
Feao Fotuaika - 2022
Dane Zander - 2023
George Blake -

Locks:
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto- 2022
Angus Blythe - 2023
Ryan Smith - 2022
Tuaina Taii Tualima - 2022
Lopeti Faifau - 2022

Backrow:
Harry Wilson - 2023
Fraser McReight - 2023
Seru Uru - 2023
Liam Wright - 2022
Angus Scott-Young - 2022

Scrumhalf:
Tate McDermott - 2023
Kalani Thomas - 2023
Spencer Jeans -

Flyhalf:
James O'Connor - 2023
Lawson Creighton - 2022
Tom Lynagh - 2023

Centres:
Hamish Stewart - 2022
Hunter Paisami -
Josh Flook - 2024
Isaac Henry - 2023

Wings:
Suliasi Vunivalu - 2022
Ilaisa Droasese - 2023
Filipo Daugunu - 2023

Fullback:
Mac Grealy - 2023
Jock Campbell - 2022
Jordan Petaia - 2022

Reds Development Squad:
Taj Annan (flyhalf/centre) - 2023
Floyd Aubrey (fullback) -
Wilson Blythe (lock) - 2022
Carsen Patu (prop) - 2022
Keynan Tauakipulu (backrow) - 2022

GONE:
Brandon Paenga-Amosa - Montpellier
Moses Sorovi - Rebels
Bryce Hegarty - Leicester
Hudson Creighton - Brumbies
Sam Wallis - Rebels (training)
Matt Faessler - "Randwick"

UNSIGNED:
Ben Grant - 2021

Last edited:

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
1- Harry Hoopert
2- Alex Mafi
3- Taniela Tupou
4- Angus Blythe
5- Lukan Solalaia-Loto
6-
7- Fraser McReight
8- Harry Wilson
9- Tate McDermott
10- Hamish Stewart
11- Filipo Dauganu
12- Hunter Paisami
13- Jordan Petaia
14- Suliasi Vunivalu
15- Jock Campbell

I hope they start resigning or recruiting soon to allow for certainty into next season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Reds have managed to re-sign almost all your serious talent already, that's pretty cool. Don't teams normally lose 6-10 players each season? I'd imagine nearly half that Unsigned list won't be coming back.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Bit concerned about 10, not sure we're going to be able to keep JOC (James O'Connor) and I don't think we can win or hopefully defend a title with Hamish pulling the strings.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Bit concerned about 10, not sure we're going to be able to keep JOC (James O'Connor) and I don't think we can win or hopefully defend a title with Hamish pulling the strings.

Completely agree. A development 10 should have been high priority ever since a certain 10 (and a pair of locks) departed.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah I hope so and as above the allure of potentially winning a title or 2 should hopefully be enough to sway him.

Could be possible upside to him having been a banished naughty boy in his early years. He probably made some decent coin playing overseas already. Might not be chasing the whopper pay day as much as some of the other aging Wallabies.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
BPA leaving has left a bit of a hole at hooker also, I think #2 would be a national agenda also to fill and hopefully they can work with the Reds to bring in a high profile hooker just not sure who that is.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Isn't that what Lynagh was signed for?

With JOC (James O'Connor) unsigned and Stewart being nominated the time span for development might not be compatible with Lynagh. Though a great sign and with my suggestion we could use 2x development 10s it does ease that burdon.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think we might be in danger of loosing Hegarty for next year. I'd like to keep him, but given his age and place in the squad he'd have to be weighing up the benefit of a Japan/USA deal before the end of his career. Any promising utility backs out there to fill that role?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Any promising utility backs out there to fill that role?

I would have thought we'd be well covered for outside backs; Jock, Dangunu, Petaia, Sunivalu, Driasese, Flook with Isaac Henry and the Creighton brothers in the wider squad.

10 seems to be the bigger issue if Hegarty leaves. If JOC (James O'Connor) gets an injury we're looking slim and only have Hamish who's played at 10 there.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I would have thought we'd be well covered for outside backs; Jock, Dangunu, Petaia, Sunivalu, Driasese, Flook with Isaac Henry and the Creighton brothers in the wider squad.

10 seems to be the bigger issue if Hegarty leaves. If JOC (James O'Connor) gets an injury we're looking slim and only have Hamish who's played at 10 there.

How many of those are utility backs? Not: Jock, Daugunu, Vunivalu. Droesese, Flook, Henry, Creighton probably chasing their best slot. And let's hope that that Petaia does not end up Hodge-esque as a utility.

Stewart makes a good utility, but most of us seem to want him in the 15.