• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
In hindsight of the border lockdowns durings Jul-Dec this year, scrapping the NRC early was the right move financially, there was no way the NRC would have gone ahead anyway.

But going forward there needs to be a solution.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds fixtures for 2022 announced

1636942729968.png

7 home games, all at suncorp at this stage. It's a pity there's no Townsville game after last year's success. Two games against the Brumbies, Tahs and Rebels, one against everyone else

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Reds fixtures for 2022 announced

View attachment 12759

7 home games, all at suncorp at this stage. It's a pity there's no Townsville game after last year's success. Two games against the Brumbies, Tahs and Rebels, one against everyone else

Only 2 of the 5 games against nz sides at home is not ideal and likewise playing Moana and Drua at home may be an over capitalisation assuming their strength is on the lower end. Anyway Reds to win the whole thing only losing to the Force or something else typically Qld rugby.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Magic round in Melbourne is looking appealing. 6 games of rugby over three days, plus lots of food and drink.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Opening the season with the Chiefs at Suncorp is great I reckon,

Could really set the tone for the season, getting one over an NZ team in the early days. It'll be nice and warm as well, 6.45pm in the middle of Feb.

At this stage I think the only key player at risk of missing the first round is Petaia

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Only 2 of the 5 games against nz sides at home is not ideal and likewise playing Moana and Drua at home may be an over capitalisation assuming their strength is on the lower end. Anyway Reds to win the whole thing only losing to the Force or something else typically Qld rugby.
Drua at home should pack the house though, you would think, with plenty of Qld based Fijian’s heading along. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep Grealy and Campbell will have no shortage of game time, Jock also played wing a fair bit including in the Grand Final

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't see we will see much of Grealy. We need to be cut throat this comp. Best team, week to week. Unless there's injuries Grealy is not in our best 23. He's probably our 3rd fullback at best.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Drua at home should pack the house though, you would think, with plenty of Qld based Fijian’s heading along. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Agreed. My comment pertains to what would be most ideal in terms of potential results but I am looking forward to being at Suncorp for that one.

Reactions: TSR