• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m not sure Rebels have good connections, they’ve had a history of struggling with corporate support.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Media releases tend to do say positive things. Evidence of their corporate history would suggest otherwise though
You must admit there seems to be a good vibe coming out of Melbourne. Their posters on here are positive and mostly like how the organisation is run. Same with the Force. Maybe we (I) are more critical/cynical because of our size and recent success. Merit where merit is due.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Attachments

• 8554898F-13A3-4B1F-AE8E-2DA5A8053706.jpeg
    8554898F-13A3-4B1F-AE8E-2DA5A8053706.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 156

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Force won the trial 45-19

For the Reds, guys like Lynagh, Nongorr, Blake, Tuialima, Taukipilu and Vest featured

Force played quite a few who are likely to feature in their match-day 23.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
You must admit there seems to be a good vibe coming out of Melbourne. Their posters on here are positive and mostly like how the organisation is run. Same with the Force. Maybe we (I) are more critical/cynical because of our size and recent success. Merit where merit is due.
yes it’s looks good now and not being cynical at all, I just disagreed with your comment about Reds needing corporate connections like the Rebels.

Whatever the status of the Reds principal sponsor negotiations, the Reds have an extremely strong corporate connection in Queensland. Alliance Airlines, St George Bank and Santos are what you’d call Tier 1 sponsors, national/international companies who invest significant amounts to further market the sponsorship seperate to the financial figure that they provide the club. Like the Santos rugby festival this weekend.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My pick for Round 1

1. Hoopert
  2. Mafi
  3. Tupou
  4. Smith
  5. Salakaia-Loto
  6. Scott- Young
  7. McReight
  8. Wilson
  9. McDermott
  10. O’Connor
  11. Daugunu
  12. Stewart
  13. Paisami
  14. Petaia / Flook
  15. Campbell
16. Nasser
17. Zander
18. Fotuaika
19. Uru
20. Wright
21. Jeans
22. Flook / Petaia
23. Grealy

Don't mind that. I am in the minority in wondering whether Smith should be there. I have a feeling we are down in horsepower in the locks. Agree that Jeans, Flook and Grealy need to be considered in the 23. I'd be tempted to put Stewart on the pine, Paisami to 12, and think about 13, but that's just me. If Jock really is filling in as the back up 10, how you have it works better.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It’s McReight I’d be benching for ASY (Angus Scott-Young) with Wright at 7. I’d also start Uru at lock over Smith.

Shame Vunivalu is out and Droasese is MiA as I’d chuck Petaia at 13 with a couple of Fijians on the wing and perhaps Hunter off the bench. Stewart lucky to start I guess.

Zander was owned last night and Fotuaika looks a little chubby again. Good chance for Hoopert to make a claim again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My only hope is the disruptive preseason is a key factor and that once all the lads are back and we are playing consistently we’ll find the groove. It does make that next few weeks precarious though.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) and Uru bring high work rate to the pack. McDermott will make a big difference but pack has to hold its own and not get outmuscled again. In the second half, TT, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Mafi and Uru address this.