• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yikes. Do we have anymore props? Sef cited.

Player: Sef Fa'agase
Team: Reds
Position: Prop
Date of Incident: 19 March 2023
Nature of Offence: Law 9.13: A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders.
Elapsed time in match when incident occurred: 55:41
I remember seeing that at the time and thinking we might have a problem.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There is a lot of shuffling mainly due the injury. It would be good to get a constant team onwards. The front row is improving. Locks need to pull it together. The back row need to settle and concentrate on each week’s game and forget about Wallabies selection. Tate and JOC (James O'Connor) to take control and get the ball wide. I just hope Paisami is hungry for the ball and links up with Flook.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wowee, very surprised by this from both parties.

I guess guys like Grealy and Aubrey aren’t banging down the door right now, but with another season of club footy and maturity under their belts, that could change.
I wonder if the Reds have thought about him playing in the 7’s comp. Could be an option for him the get into space and develop rugby skills. Then bring it back in the 15’s.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I wonder if the Reds have thought about him playing in the 7’s comp. Could be an option for him the get into space and develop rugby skills. Then bring it back in the 15’s.

Yes but I figure they’d have announced it as a hybrid contract in that case like they have with other Super Rugby players who are doing both.

I don’t think the bloke is struggling with how to score tries or run in space, we know he can do that. It just doesn’t seem to be clicking for him/the Reds.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I can’t think of what word you meant instead of baby??? But just cited. It was a tackle after the Jock Campbell early tackle - from the lineout after the ensuing penalty. No replay but he does seem to go a little high and perhaps leads with the shoulder.
Oh wow, combo of autocorrect and posting before coffee - was supposed to be "ban". I hope I haven't now cursed him into getting 9 months for it

Last edited:

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yes but I figure they’d have announced it as a hybrid contract in that case like they have with other Super Rugby players who are doing both.

I don’t think the bloke is struggling with how to score tries or run in space, we know he can do that. It just doesn’t seem to be clicking for him/the Reds.
He’s got the skill. Needs the confidence to execute better.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I guess guys like Grealy and Aubrey aren’t banging down the door right now, but with another season of club footy and maturity under their belts, that could change.
I do worry this means we're loosing Daugunu, who I'd probably rather hold onto on current form. I'd be pretty surprised if we were able to keep both and Daugunu has apparently been shopped around France recently.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I do worry this means we're loosing Daugunu, who I'd probably rather hold onto on current form. I'd be pretty surprised if we were able to keep both and Daugunu has apparently been shopped around France recently.
Dangunu, despite his inconsistencies would be better to retain. That would be a blow.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Strong rumours of Daugunu shopping around France last week
Would be pretty silly to resign Vunivalu and lose Daugunu - clearly the better of the two.

Unless Daugunu has already turned down an offer or just thinks hes worth more than whats on offer here - being just outside the Wallabies (probably true).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Would be pretty silly to resign Vunivalu and lose Daugunu - clearly the better of the two.

Unless Daugunu has already turned down an offer or just thinks hes worth more than whats on offer here - being just outside the Wallabies (probably true).
You'd have ask Eddie about that.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)

Hope to see them exclusively in club to prove themselves. I wouldn’t think either of them on the wing though. Aren’t they both 15s who are being made into wingers by the Reds?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Went back and had a look at it, it's silly from Sef. Has a second go with his shoulder and clocks the Drua player in the head totally unnecessarily. Has absolutely earned his suspension.

yeah agreed. Poor upright technique, leading with the shoulder.