• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah, I don't see the Reds forcing Stewart to stay, they've often repeated that they don't want anyone who doesn't want to play for them, particularly around the Gordon(s) issue I think. It's all just a question of what they get/the rebels have to give up to make it happen, and how contracting is conducted going forward.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, I don't see the Reds forcing Stewart to stay, they've often repeated that they don't want anyone who doesn't want to play for them, particularly around the Gordon(s) issue I think. It's all just a question of what they get/the rebels have to give up to make it happen, and how contracting is conducted going forward.

According to the front page of this forum and the linked article, Stewart was only signed until 2022.

I'm guessing a new deal had been negotiated at some point during the season which the Reds thought was finalised. I am not so sure the Reds will get anything from the Rebels. The press release from the Reds may in fact be some chest beating to try and make it seem like they're in control of a situation which is quickly becoming problematic.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
hearing Fotuaika gone as well… what is going on at Ballymore?

Seems to be playing for Tonga this weekend. Where is he apparently going?
3C734EE5-7615-4415-9C97-9C84C976063C.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ostensibly I am not against losing Hamish or Feao. But it all depends on who comes in as replacement. So far confirmed we have:

Mafi replaced by Faessler
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) replaced by Vest
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) - no known replacement yet
Droasese - no known replacement yet

Stewart TBC
Tuialima TBC
Fotuaika TBC

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He was named in the Aussie A squad wasn't he?

You'd have to think this means he's leaving Australia.

he chose to play for Tonga instead.. which means he would fill the foreign player position at the Reds. Which counts against him significantly.

Fotuaika plateau’d in development 2 years ago, his fitness is a constant battle and his scrummaging was exposed this year quite badly. I wouldn’t be upset if he were let go.