• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Has Fardy done much toward coaching duties at this stage? Matt Taylor we know and love, Brad Davis has at least some experience coaching D.
I’d say he has extensive experience coaching defence; 3 years at Wasps, 7 years at Bath, 3 years Ospreys, 3 years London Irish, all in defence roles.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Assuming he's in a place to come in I'd love to see Taylor back at the Reds. Could be a future head coach if the decision is taken to move on from Thorn in the next couple of years too.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
UQ prem grade coach for 11 years. Taken team to finals every year and also won 6 premierships so knows what to do.

I am not sure jumping onboard what looks to be a sinking Reds ship is something Heenan would want to do.

Also, I think Heeno is a great coach at UQ, but we haven’t really seen the scope of his talents yet have we? 11 years at the same club means running things how he wants them, putting his systems in place and replicating that year on year. Things become very different once you get out of your comfort zone. I wouldn’t expecting instant success from someone untested outside of amateur level.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
ugly half time score of 70-14. 103-28 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
The last 15 was a bit disappointing, they seemed to lose the killer instinct. This could also be due to the bench being used and going from Wallabies to club rugby players.

The 12 for UQ had a great game, think it was Ripley??

Jock seemed to come to 10 a fair bit, I would prefer him at 15 for the Reds/Wallabies but I wonder if there is still a chance of him at 10 for a while? From memory the trial game this year had him at 10 for a while.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The last 15 was a bit disappointing, they seemed to lose the killer instinct. This could also be due to the bench being used and going from Wallabies to club rugby players.

The 12 for UQ had a great game, think it was Ripley??

Jock seemed to come to 10 a fair bit, I would prefer him at 15 for the Reds/Wallabies but I wonder if there is still a chance of him at 10 for a while? From memory the trial game this year had him at 10 for a while.
Yea Jock was scheduled to get a bit of game time at 10 this year, but injuries and the like played against that

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I am not sure jumping onboard what looks to be a sinking Reds ship is something Heenan would want to do.

Also, I think Heeno is a great coach at UQ, but we haven’t really seen the scope of his talents yet have we? 11 years at the same club means running things how he wants them, putting his systems in place and replicating that year on year. Things become very different once you get out of your comfort zone. I wouldn’t expecting instant success from someone untested outside of amateur level.
give him a 3 year deal and let him build it then

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
give him a 3 year deal and let him build it then

Heenan would be better off in a role that allows him to grow rather than setting himself up for failure by being thrown in the deep end as the Reds HC. It's not like Brisbane City was a stand out in the 2018 NRC competition .....