• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I also hope Cordingly / Thorn are looking for qpr options outside of UQ/Wests/Brothers who have lion shares of talent. Hell who’s the last country rugby product to bypass qpr and go straight into reds setup… has it ever been done?

I think it’s important (where possible) to have club land representation from all clubs which will help grassroots reds fans re-engage with their state team.
Just on that subject, do you have any mail on Declan Meredith who has been recently contracted at the Brumbies essentially straight from Cairns? Some time at Wests in the JID Cup but not through the Reds.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm sure Healy did play a couple of times when the Reds Wallabies reps were away. I remember watching him at Ballymore

Don't think Healy ever played for QLD. Blaikie toured the UK with them and played once v Bath (which was, ironically, Andrew King's last game

dru

Tim Horan (67)

More than just the article, things are disappointing on many levels. I presume that the Thorn supporters still do so solidly? I suspect we have a rough 12 months in front of us, and attention is hopefully being given to what happens next.

Tupou also disappointing on many levels. Not by a long shot, right now, the best prop in Australia. Always with the potential, but plenty to show for now.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
THP out injured for 8-10? weeks and rushed back back early is struggling to find form. Are we that surprised.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
THP out injured for 8-10? weeks and rushed back back early is struggling to find form. Are we that surprised.
Likewise with the weight gain, particularly from a leg injury - a hell of a lot more complex than just being indicative of his ‘behaviour’

Alex Ross (28)
Eek…

I’m not sure about Folau’s exemplary behaviour off the field though…
How he spends his money??
Sounds like a normal 26 year old with bank. If I was his age and earning what he is? I probably would pass on the jet ski’s but I sure as fuck wouldn’t be driving a Mazda!!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
How he spends his money??
Sounds like a normal 26 year old with bank. If I was his age and earning what he is? I probably would pass on the jet ski’s but I sure as fuck wouldn’t be driving a Mazda!!

Yeah you would.

The Mazda would be free, with a local dealership that you do a bit of brand work for.

Wasting money on a car is a bad investment strategy

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah you would.

The Mazda would be free, with a local dealership that you do a bit of brand work for.

Wasting money on a car is a bad investment strategy
If I recall correctly, Tupou and a few of the other boys do exactly this and often roll around in vehicles supplied by Westpoint autos. He may well have others in his personal collection, but hell, so would I. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

To reference a discussion from another thread, this sort of article from Christy Doran is one of those that treads the line between fact and opinion that can be a bit on the nose imo

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If I recall correctly, Tupou and a few of the other boys do exactly this and often roll around in vehicles supplied by Westpoint autos. He may well have others in his personal collection, but hell, so would I. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

To reference a discussion from another thread, this sort of article from Christy Doran is one of those that treads the line between fact and opinion that can be a bit on the nose imo
correct, he was driving a LDV company car from Westpoint Auto.

I find the whole article a bit tasteless to be honest, a lot of speculation about an individual's attitude and finances because he owns a jetski and put on weight when injured. I can bet that he sends more money to his family in Tonga than he does on toys for himself. Following the volcanos earlier this year Tupou also organised to send a full container's worth of clothing and toys back to Tonga, but I guess that didn't fit the narrative of the article for Christy Doran.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
More than just the article, things are disappointing on many levels. I presume that the Thorn supporters still do so solidly? I suspect we have a rough 12 months in front of us, and attention is hopefully being given to what happens next.

Tupou also disappointing on many levels. Not by a long shot, right now, the best prop in Australia. Always with the potential, but plenty to show for now.
I obviously am not in the inside circle to have any knowledge of what has happened to Tupou but as a "keyboard warrior internet expert" I have a few thoughts.

Could his lack in form be as simple as recently becoming a dad and simply being tired because of his life off the field?

One of my children had issues sleeping for his first two years and could sleep no more than 45minutes to an hour at a time. If you take parenting seriously and want to share with your partner then you cannot avoid being tired and this will have an impact on your work life.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Could his lack in form be as simple as recently becoming a dad and simply being tired because of his life off the field?

One of my children had issues sleeping for his first two years and could sleep no more than 45minutes to an hour at a time. If you take parenting seriously and want to share with your partner then you cannot avoid being tired and this will have an impact on your work life.

I was going to type the same thing earlier in week but then I thought… no wait, he was in Argentina for 2 weeks with no baby in sight and put a bad performance in abroad.

I agree tho whole heartily. Once you have kids… say good bye to 8 hours sleep straight