• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Henry is a big lad. If he can string a season or two together he will not be able to help but get some exposure to higher honours.
Could be some wide-angle lens / perspective trickery going on here, but holy hell he's put on some size during his injury downtime. Vunivalu is not a small bloke.

1667610098138.png

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone know the circumstances around Lukhans exit? What I mean by that is was it amicable/is he on good terms with the organisation? His form for Northampton has been pretty remarkable and I would hate to think he wont come back. I am baffled by how regularly our locks go overseas and immediately get into career best form

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Does anyone know the circumstances around Lukhans exit? What I mean by that is was it amicable/is he on good terms with the organisation? His form for Northampton has been pretty remarkable and I would hate to think he wont come back. I am baffled by how regularly our locks go overseas and immediately get into career best form
Dispersal of talent. Hes simply playing at a 'lower level'.

Not to say that those leagues arent as good, or if we are being honest, better than Super Rugby. Its just that their talent is spread across more teams meaning a test player will stand out more.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So of the 7 club players picked to play (Anderson, Wallis, Navosailagi, Sula-Siaosi, Riori, Werchon, Fittock) do we see any worth keeping for the season?
I was very impressed with Anderson, Wallis and Sula-Siaosi

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There’s a mix of full time, part time and academy contracts still available, don’t know specifics but I’d like to see them all retained I think they’ve been very good.

Some of them are at different points in maturity and experience; Werchon and Riori at a minimum on developing squad contracts. The others could fill in the squad now.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So of the 7 club players picked to play (Anderson, Wallis, Navosailagi, Sula-Siaosi, Riori, Werchon, Fittock) do we see any worth keeping for the season?
I was very impressed with Anderson, Wallis and Sula-Siaosi
Looking at the main squad I think there is probably space for a prop, 1-2 backrowers and an outside back, though I don't know if they'll look to fill all of these.

Sula-Siaosi looks to be in the box seat to come in at prop with Hoopert's injury. In the back row we could see both Anderson and Wallis picked up, but If it's only one I'm not sure who they'll go with, they've both been performing well recently. I can't see anyone beating out Navosailagi for the outside back spot at this stage, I though he worked his arse off on Friday night and put in about as good a showing as you could hope for. I think there are probably going to be consistent questions about Vunivalu's future that make it more likely they'll grab a winger now to hedge their bets.

That said I've no idea what squad size and salary cap limitations actually look like these days (or if they're even enforced), so I could be way off.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Dispersal of talent. Hes simply playing at a 'lower level'.

Not to say that those leagues arent as good, or if we are being honest, better than Super Rugby. Its just that their talent is spread across more teams meaning a test player will stand out more.
Dispersal of talent is a load of nonsense. They have more players playing the game, the league is full of current internationals from other countries (Argentina, Scotland Wales, Fiji, South African), plus there is a number of players from Aus/NZ that are of high caliber that could be in the conversation for international selection if they were eligible.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
I must have watched a different game to everyone else - I thought Ben Navo played average at best and Vunivalu looked dangerous almost every touch of the ball. Still not a fan of Lawson at 10 and I think Harry is far too placid at the breakdown for a No8, you hardly see him over the ball. Pilfer stats for Pete Samu and Valetini are very high - Sam Wallis is definitely an asset in this department.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
just from a legal point of view, he was under 17 when he signed it, he can walk away AFAIK without repercussions.
Pretty incredible that they would sign a 17 year old without any legal representation or an authorised manager there advising, would have thought that would be something the RLPA would enforce/prevent.