• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could be a great pickup for us to cover the prop injuries we've picked up, but it's probably still a bit of a wait and see given Ravai was forced into medical retirement in France earlier this year:

Fingers crossed he's able to come good both for our season and Fiji's world cup campaign.

yeah, I asked Simon Raiwalui about him fishing to see where he was and this was his response.

I have since shown him the above pic, and he's confirmed its Ravai. He was a little surprised it seems.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Excellent! Really hope he comes good. Would love to see him in France at the WC
There are players who were forced to retire in France but could played in England. It depends of the medical rules of each League.

I remember Juan Figallo (Former Pumas prop) was medically retired in France but he continued his career in England

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)

My top 5 would be

1. Coaching - is Brad the right man? Does he have the right technical nous to get this team to be Super Rugby Pacific top 2?
2. Utilising the squad - stable combinations are critical but the squad is evenly talented, so I hope for more game time for those outside first XV
3. Expectations - there has to be heat on guys who have been in the squad for 3+ years. Back to grade otherwise! QPR is strong.
4. Wallaby spots for RWC2023 - hopefully this will drive performance and players are clear on what Dave Rennie is looking for.
5. Ballymore development - will this ignite the Reds? Even though they won't be playing there, the training facilities have been enhanced x 10!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ballymore Redevelopment probably won’t play a part until the 2024 season, it won’t be finished until April-ish, although I’m told construction is going well.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Will be interesting to see if the Reds cohort use the Wallabies snubbing of several key players as a driving factor in their preparation this year i.e. we should be in that team, let’s push ourselves to make it.

Harry Wilson was quite vocal recently about feeling like he hit the metrics asked by Rennie from the 2021 snubbing and yet still wasn’t up to scratch. Maybe a bit of us v them mentality could be good.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Will be interesting to see if the Reds cohort use the Wallabies snubbing of several key players as a driving factor in their preparation this year i.e. we should be in that team, let’s push ourselves to make it.

Harry Wilson was quite vocal recently about feeling like he hit the metrics asked by Rennie from the 2021 snubbing and yet still wasn’t up to scratch. Maybe a bit of us v them mentality could be good.
The catch for RWC 2023 selection is how few Test matches get played between now and then.

Super Rugby form would need to be through the roof for blokes like Wilson. Rennie has given him work ons , picked him to start one Bledisloe, then wiped him from the EOY squad, selecting a rookie to tour in front of him.

I’d actually be surprised if Wilson stays in Australia post 2023, but hopefully does have a blinder for the Reds next year.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Lack of Queensland based rugby journalists to stimulate discussion in the post News Corp rugby blackout
It could also indicate peace within the team and Reds in general. Usually off season news is some rumour mill about players wanting to get out without any actual basis for the story.