• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Matt To'omua goes off mccabe comes on brumbies on back foot for the rest of the game blow lead draw match.

Coincidence?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
If he's not allowed to do a regular season pool game tonight he shouldn't be given any game at all. Which is ridiculous.

Tonight was just another game. It's not finals footy where ref selections are taken into account.

He lost control of the breakdown, but he's neither the first or the last to do that. And there's far more experienced refa that have lost control also.

I'm surprised some posters have used their first comment on the game to bag the ref when there was a lot more positive things to discuss about the game - Davies finding his mojo somewhat, Digby's best game this season after a few poor showings, Coopers good vision, Lilo continuing positive play, Kimlin's best game in ages, G. Smith up to some old tricks that, White's very quick service, the ending (well not great rugby but intense nonetheless) etc
I agree sad it takes a nz fan to tell us that.

Batman

Bob McCowan (2)
my belief is that the ref was voted for man of the match with his superb effort in keeping the brumbies in their own 22 for 10 straight minuets with 4 plus penalties against the brumbies

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Was Marto really that bad? I found him entertaining.
Seriously? He was excruciating. He jizzed his pants every time anything vaguely threatening happened from the Reds, he rails against perfectly legitimate penalties, berates Mowen for questioning the ref, but ignores the incessant chatter from many others (who weren't the captain so should shut up) then caps it off with his quarter-arsed plan to give both teams 2 points from a draw but play for more time until someone wins and give them 2 more. I just can't take the horrendously biased style that he, and Kearns too often bring to the call. They're clownish.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I thought tonight's game proved the Brumbies can win the competition. They showed they can play under immense pressure, and yet still refuse to lose.

Disagree. I thought it proved what I said to a mate about 4 weeks ago - the Brumbies don't have the extra gear needed to win come finals time. Yes, they ground it out and defended well (with the help of multiple and blatant transgressions), but in reality the reds scored three tries and had another three disallowed. In reality the reds were the better team in all aspects of the game except for the scrum and arguably the lineout.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I suspect that post was an attempt at irony as it seemed evident to most pundits that Cooper played very well. It certainly snared some bites!

I'm not too sure about that. He seems to have been supporting the Brums in this game?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cooper was good but again a critical error: the offload that was intercepted. I know you think I'm harping on about this and it's all meaningless hate dribble but these are the types of errors that are just unacceptable at Test level. Imagine him doing that in a Lions test during a tight game that's being decided by penalties, North picks it up and runs away to score under the posts. They might be covered up in Super rugby and affordable but not in Tests. We cannot afford that. He needs to cut out the costly errors.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds will be disappointed to have drawn tonight. They did not take their many opportunities. If this was a Wallabies match I would be calling for the coach's heads..............

Brumbies - well played. Can they maintain the intensity until the end of the season?

Both teams are playing well enough to make the finals. Both need to be on the lookout for the Finals Boogeyman from here on in. His is name is Israel Folau.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cooper was fine - chimed in when he needed to, threw some wonderful passes, kicked well, made the couple of tackles he had to make. OK, he missed a conversion. I struggle to see what egregious errors he made, it was an overall very good game.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Seriously? He was excruciating. He jizzed his pants every time anything vaguely threatening happened from the Reds, he rails against perfectly legitimate penalties, berates Mowen for questioning the ref, but ignores the incessant chatter from many others (who weren't the captain so should shut up) then caps it off with his quarter-arsed plan to give both teams 2 points from a draw but play for more time until someone wins and give them 2 more. I just can't take the horrendously biased style that he, and Kearns too often bring to the call. They're clownish.

My favourite part was when he was moaning about Jackson calling the obstruction penalty against the Reds and he said sic "I like Jackson but that's just ridiculous"

Like Jackson somehow apparently wrote the law.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cooper was fine - chimed in when he needed to, threw some wonderful passes, kicked well, made the couple of tackles he had to make. OK, he missed a conversion. I struggle to see what egregious errors he made, it was an overall very good game.

The offload that went to Tomane, it didn't eventuate into anything for the Brumbies but it could've easily been a 7 pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom