• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Crusaders Friday 6th Feb - Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Does anyone have any idea of what is the starting side for the Reds. There are those coming back from injury, and from Japan.
And does
Duncan Paia’aua retain the run-on No 10 jersey? Or will JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, or Frisby be chosen for the positon.It's no time for mucking around now with the next game being the real thing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it depends on who is coming back. You'd expect to see:

Thomson
Daley
Simmons maybe?

JOC (James O'Connor) has been suffering with tonsillitis so cant see him playing and think the likes of Tapuai are still a week or so away? No idea what Turner is up to. We'd want to be getting pretty close to our starting lineup for round 1 so suspect something like:

15 Hunt
14 Kuridrani
13 Kerevi
12 Fainga'a
11 CFS
10 Paia'aua
9 Genia
8 Schatz
7 Gill
6 Browning
5 Horwill
4 Simmons/Kotze
3 Talakai
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Reg, I am concerned that we haven't got enough size (height) at 6,7 and 8. We will need something extra

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Thomson is 6'5" and Schatz/Browning are both 6'3". Gilly is 6'1" but that's not exactly weird for an openside. I think we're good.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Slipper - current Wallaby Daley - ex Wallaby
Saia / James Hanson - current Wallaby
Horwill - current Wallaby
Thomson - ex All Black
Gilly - ex Wallaby
Shatz - current Wallaby (just)

We have only THP and a lock a wee bit lacking but I was impressed last week with those guys. The experience in this pack is quite vast. Reckon we will see some domination over lots of other packs as the season unfolds. AND we still have Simmons and Holmes to return.

Some front foot ball for the backs to excite, We shall see.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Pretty sure Ed O'Donoghue is fit and will get a run too. Hope its not at the expense of Kotze getting a decent amount of time, he's going well and might be a real option this year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well its been announced that Hunt will start at 10.

Reckon that means JOC (James O'Connor) will play 15?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
haven't heard about O'Connor. Tonsillitis. Would that rule him out? You'd think we'd want him to have a run. I don't mind him at fullback, as it keeps both Kuridrani and CFS on the field.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would have thought that Duncan would have been given another run surely. Is he injured or something?

B

Bobby Sands

I guess JJ is another option at 10 if JOC (James O'Connor) is not fit. Turner has a broken collar bone? Frisby another option, and I'm sure Duncan could play there as well.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
well its been announced that Hunt will start at 10.

Reckon that means JOC (James O'Connor) will play 15?

I got the impression from Graham that JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't coming into calculations due to his ilness. any news? I'm assuming he's on the bench option at best.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I would have thought that Duncan would have been given another run surely. Is he injured or something?

Mate - he might be carrying a mental scar or 2.

It was a tough initiation to Super rugby AND it was only a trial . kid obviously has talent - he will get a lot better

Reactions: BDA

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I got the impression from Graham that JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't coming into calculations due to his ilness. any news? I'm assuming he's on the bench option at best.

The news this morning is that James O'Connor won't be playing mainly because of tonsillitis, but to further rest his shoulder niggle as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds v Crusaders, Ballymore
1 James Slipper (C)
2 Saia Fainga’a
3 Sam Talakai
4 James Horwill
5 Marco Kotze
6 Curtis Browning
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 Karmichael Hunt (VC)
11 Chris Feauai-Sautia
12 Anthony Fainga’a
13 Samu Kerevi
14 Chris Kuridrani
15 Jamie-Jerry Taulagi

Reserves
Ben Daley
James Hanson
Sef Faagase
Ed O’Donoghue
Beau Robinson
Nick Frisby
Duncan Paia’aua
Campbell Magnay

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Daley and Ed O'd back.

Still no Adam Thomson and JOC (James O'Connor).

Benny Taps and Rob Simmons still injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.