• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force pre-season trial. 5 Feb.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
What was the go with the Reds at the end of the game?

When you are within reach of a win with 2 minutes to go, why kick the ball out? What is there to lose by trying to get a win?

When you are within reach of a win and the final whistle has gone to the opposition? What is there to lose by trying to get a win?

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Asiata broken arm which is a huge shame as he would have gotten games this year. In saying that for Nasser’s first game in 8/9 months since his injury he was great tonight

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It was a trial….

It was, but I'd like to the see the "never say never" policy kick in even here. Show the coach you are onboard. But actually I just think it was a poor choice for that time of a game. Lets hope it is identified as something to work through in the head space.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Paisami kicked out of their own 22, i dont think Thorn will be too upset with it.
There’s also no clock at the ground, they wouldn’t haven’t known there was 2min to go.

Last edited:

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Spencer Jeans impressed when he came on . The speed of his pass appears to be a step up on Kalani’s and whilst he may not have Kalani’s running game , he was good in general play , certainly doesn’t mind getting involved in rucks when needed. He played back row up until U16’s.

Was also impressed with Tom Lynagh. Might have stood a little too deep in attack, but his kicking options in particular were good and seemed composed.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting that the Force played what would be close to their best 15 for large chunks of the game and the Reds really seemed to mix it up and rest a few.

Thought the forward pack lineup for the Reds that started the second half was really gaining some dominance before the replacements started. Greg Holmes is still a beast come scrum time .

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
this was the starting lineup
1D7D6A10-1672-453E-8871-63E2F84AC827.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It was, but I'd like to the see the "never say never" policy kick in even here. Show the coach you are onboard. But actually I just think it was a poor choice for that time of a game. Lets hope it is identified as something to work through in the head space.
You think Paisami needs to show Thorn he is “on board”?