• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force pre-season trial. 5 Feb.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
McReight has been superb so far, involved in just about everything good the Reds have done. Sets up Kalani for a try with a good run.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Spencer Jeans on at half back

Edit: going well so far, not much possession for the Reds, but really getting involved

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Nasser on for Asiata - Reds shaky scrum now looks solid, if he keeps this up it'll go a long way to nailing down the backup hooker spot

Wilson

David Codey (61)
21 all at half time. Force have looked better but really let the Reds back in at the end there. Spencer Jeans looking really good - smart dinking kick over the top, secured a ruck when no one else was there and really involved. Looks super rugby ready.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Asiata improving but needs to keep at it in the line out. Happy with what we've seen from Tualima, Flook is looking like the prospect that he should.

Force have the front row over us in that first half.

Our pack needs to be tighter at the ruck.

Gee it's good to be back watching rugger.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
21 all at half time. Force have looked better but really let the Reds back in at the end there. Spencer Jeans looking really good - smart dinking kick over the top, secured a ruck when no one else was there and really involved. Looks super rugby ready.

That kick to the line in traffic was top drawer.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Asiata improving but needs to keep at it in the line out. Happy with what we've seen from Tualima, Flook is looking like the prospect that he should.

Force have the front row over us in that first half.

Our pack needs to be tighter at the ruck.

Gee it's good to be back watching rugger.
Our ruck work has definitely been poor, but it's worth noting we're playing with our 3rd or 4th string 6 and 8, so I'm not too worried. Good signs to have come out even against a Force side that was probably 80% of their first choice.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Our ruck work has definitely been poor, but it's worth noting we're playing with our 3rd or 4th string 6 and 8, so I'm not too worried. Good signs to have come out even against a Force side that was probably 80% of their first choice.

Sure, it's a trial. Who actually IS Tauakipulu - don't recognise him at all.

I thought we started more than just our bench front row.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh like what I have seen from spencer jeans

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sure, it's a trial. Who actually IS Tauakipulu - don't recognise him at all.

I thought we started more than just our bench front row.
Development contract, only 19 years old I think.