• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders Friday 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What I would've preferred:

1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Dave McDuling
7. Beau Robinson
8. Curtis Browning
9. Will Genia (VC)
10. Ben Lucas
11. Rod Davies
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Samu Kerevi (Don't know anything about this guy. Is he a 13? Been unimpressed with Ant and would be willing to give a young un a start with Ant on the bench if it don't work out).
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Mike Harris

16. Andrew Ready
17. Albert Anae
18. Sef Faagase
19. Jake Schatz
20. Liam Gill
21. Nick Frisby
22. Anthony Fainga’a
23. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi

Something like that anyway. If Quade wasn't injured I would've swapped Sanchez and Frisby too.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Had a brain explosion about 10 days ago that was particularly infectious for his locking partner, so I think they have put him in quarantine till he's no longer a danger to his teammates. :)

Seriously, I fail to understand why Browning is not at 8 and McDuling at 6. The season is gone, Schatz has gone from Wallaby candidate to ineffective in 12 months and the Reds backrow has been seriously underwhelming. Time to find out what McD has got in a full hitout. Looks like Gill is still not fully fit either.

On Gill- he played 40 for Sunnybank last weekend. Should be fit.

Agree on all other points.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Gill would be fit but considering he was rushed back into the starting side from his hammy injury last time only to come off with a calf strain, I'm not surprised he's being eased back via the bench. Which is what should've happened last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It becomes frustrating when Brothers (yet again) only have one player in the Reds team. But that's Queensland rugby I suppose.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A pro-Filth rant above.^ haha

I hope the Reds get the chocolates, let's get a bit of pride and passion back in the Reds jumper. A bit of agro is probably needed

I recall a Reds v Otago game a few years back where Van the Man had the similar sentiment.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
RH, years gone past. Damon Murphy, Michael Bond, Andrew Coady, etc. All three weren't really considered for Qld, which is disappointing. Especially Bond, one player who cannot be disputed.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The real question in this game is whether O'Scratchayou will go straight for the eyes at the first ruck he encounters now that we know it's perfectly legal?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
RH, years gone past. Damon Murphy, Michael Bond, Andrew Coady, etc. All three weren't really considered for Qld, which is disappointing. Especially Bond, one player who cannot be disputed.
Mate, I'll give you Bond, but the other two would struggle at that level.

I thought the Reds should have signed up Bond in some capacity last year.

T

Train Without a Station

Mate, I'll give you Bond, but the other two would struggle at that level.

I thought the Reds should have signed up Bond in some capacity last year.

Wasn't Murphy tried and failed in 2012?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TWaS, that was Dallan Murphy you're thing of. Damon is the older brother who plays fullback. In my opinion he should have received a bit game time between 2005-2009, when he was at his prime. However, that's rugby.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Highlanders team

1 - Kane Hames
2 - Liam Coltman
3 - Ma’afu Fia
4 - Jarrad Hoeata
5 - Joe Wheeler
6 - Gareth Evans
7 - Shane Christie
8 - Nasi Manu (co-captain)