• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Pasifika, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 20 May,

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Faessler gets a well deserved first start.

REDS (1-15): Harry Hoopert, Matt Faessler, Feao Fotuaika, Ryan Smith, Angus Blyth, Seru Uru, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott (c), James O'Connor, Jordan Petaia, Hamish Stewart, Josh Flook, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Richie Asiata, Dane Zander, Sef Fa'agase, Connor Vest, Angus Scott-Young, Kalani Thomas, Lawson Creighton, Filipo Daugunu

PASIFIKA (1-15): Abraham Pole, Ray Niula, Sekope Kepu (c), Michael Curry, Sam Slade, Sione Tu'ipulotu, Solomone Funaki, Henry Time-Stowers, Jonathan Taumateine, Christian Leali'ifano, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Danny Toala, Solomone Kata, Tomasi Alosio, William Havili

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Stoked for Faessler - I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him. Much like Nongorr before he got injured, he seems to be grabbing his opportunity with both hands.

Is Levi Aumua injured for Pasifika? He’s looked good this season and it would’ve been a homecoming for him.

Pretty good Reds team when you consider they still have 7 of their 23 injured.
Christ is it that many?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Phew. Glad to see Richie is back as we're getting low on Hookers.

Fantastic to see Harry's bounced back quickly as well!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
From my count we have Thor, Paisami, Nasser, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Wright, Ngongorr and Henry. Probably 4 starters and 3 bench in our best 23. I didn't realise it was that many either till I thought about it.
Forgot the starting hooker in that list. severity of his injury has turned him into a afterthought.

get well soon Alex Mafi.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
CA9459FF-6350-47E9-B26E-322E2D486A70.jpeg

51A87335-A83C-4CCC-99C5-C022F4604DB4.jpeg

Just a heads up for anyone purchasing tickets to the game - Moana are advertising deals on their socials. Not sure why the Reds aren’t…

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Forgot the starting hooker in that list. severity of his injury has turned him into a afterthought.

get well soon Alex Mafi.
Of course Mafi! So 8 of 23 still out then. Soo much of this comp is luck with injuries. Makes you feel for the Rebels earlier in the season.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Just looked at the forecast for tomorrow - good chance of showers in the evening. How many wet games would that make it for the Reds this season? I feel like there have been more damp (or worse) home games than there's been dry.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pretty good Reds team when you consider they still have 7 of their 23 injured.

I'm hoping they can get some consistency and shape in attack this week, they will need it heading into finals.
Yes reds at this point don’t look like would be lasting long in the finals. They have been a huge disappointment against the kiwi teams in yet to record a win against them.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Although I just realised LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) ain’t playing.

Dropped apparently.

Wonder if he’ll play for south’s?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Although I just realised LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) ain’t playing.

Dropped apparently.

Wow, I'd somehow missed this as well. Hasn't been standout in recent weeks but didn't think he warranted dropping either. In saying that, I'm not sure who I'd have him replacing.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hope he does but generally the agents advise against putting your overseas jaunt in jeopardy with a third tier hit out.

remember that Fijian winger Sefanaia Naivalu from the rebels who came to QLD a few years back. Was heading to France but because of his ARU top up he was required to stay back as injury coverage in Australia and turn out for norths just in case something happened with the wallabies squad

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Fair points. Possibly also a case of Thorn wanting to develop and invest (no pun intend) a bit in the future.
for mine I thought he had checked out the moment he signed with the Pommy mob. With Rennie leaving him the cold he had nothing to go after except the $$$ and weather of the old blighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.