• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs in Townsville

dru

Tim Horan (67)
For those saying the build up by the Reds has been good, but in Brisbane - my own experience is that there has been more coverage of Reds V Fijiana than Reds v Waratahs.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Do you think rugby fans in regional QLD wont support the Reds if they don't play regionally?

I think taking the games to the regions is great, but I don't think it will really get any more supporters.

If they are trying to build the game then play in Cairns so you are not trying to get people to switch from the Cowboys to Reds.
Pretty sure Townsville still has a significantly bigger rugby community thank Cairns though

Realrugby63

Stan Wickham (3)
Paisami and Henry out for season I have heard. Would have been good to see them both in the team obviously. I have some questions surrounding the conditioning and physios. I suppose the money isn’t as good as the NRL but we could always send players to America like they do in the NRL. Again, we don’t have the money.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Paisami and Henry out for season I have heard. Would have been good to see them both in the team obviously. I have some questions surrounding the conditioning and physios. I suppose the money isn’t as good as the NRL but we could always send players to America like they do in the NRL. Again, we don’t have the money.
I’ve got it on good authority that Henry’s pretty much good to go. There’s a new physio in the setup who has been doing some solid work with those like Henry who are chronically injured, trying to understand root causes. Again, have it on good authority that that has been immensely insightful.

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can anyone suggest a good venue in Brisbane CBD to watch the Rugby. Also for the Force game or will it be impossible with the NRL magic round taking place? Is the Pig & Whistle any good? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Can anyone suggest a good venue in Brisbane CBD to watch the Rugby. Also for the Force game or will it be impossible with the NRL magic round taking place? Is the Pig & Whistle any good? Thanks in advance.
It's been a while since I've watched games in a pub but Pig and whistle's have usually been a good bet in the past and were my go to. They do list all the games and I think you can book a table for the screen you want at the specific one. I've always preferred riverside and the valley one, but you might not have much choice for the games.

Otherwise the Alliance in spring hill have been rugby friendly in the past but they don't have a lot of screens so you'd want to check with them first. Fat angel might be worth checking with too.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It's been a while since I've watched games in a pub but Pig and whistle's have usually been a good bet in the past and were my go to. They do list all the games and I think you can book a table for the screen you want at the specific one. I've always preferred riverside and the valley one, but you might not have much choice for the games.

Otherwise the Alliance in spring hill have been rugby friendly in the past but they don't have a lot of screens so you'd want to check with them first. Fat angel might be worth checking with too.
Thank you.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

I am very dubious about any overseas trip for Physio/rehabilitation (surgery - diff story)

I’d rather save the 5k airfare/5k accom and stick it straight back into grass roots rather then give it a player in hope he might be coming back a week earlier

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wasn't Paisami out with concussion?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope the Tahs choke on the humidity. If there's regular drinks breaks throughout the match, I hope they run empty water bottles out to the Tahs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
16FFBFA3-6C24-466A-A904-A9DD88106049.jpeg

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I hope the Tahs choke on the humidity. If there's regular drinks breaks throughout the match, I hope they run empty water bottles out to the Tahs.
It actually doesn't look too bad, 72% and falling and a balmy 25 degrees currently - perfect hay baling conditions shortly. I don't think the Reds would be all that better accustomed to it, both going from meditteranean to tropical