• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs in Townsville

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Perese has been caught lingering behind the Reds ruck twice now. If he does it again and effects the play it'll be hard to argue it's not professional foul

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Gosh it looked liked vunivalu didn’t make it even close to the line.
It looked a little borderline, but ref was there. (but also, what is a winger doing there? he should be providing an option outside, running a line. No structure to the attack, just bashing away and hoping).

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Nah was barely dipping. Hooper lead with right shoulder into head and arm wasn’t even close to wrapping.

lucky it wasn’t reviewed in match.
I'd have to go back an look at it. Pretty sure Nawaqanitawase(?) was grabbing at him. Hooper was backtracking and pretty passive.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd have to go back an look at it. Pretty sure Nawaqanitawase(?) was grabbing at him. Hooper was backtracking and pretty passive.
Live I thought it was a no arms tackle, and at the time I didn't realise it was Hooper involved as the tv was in long shot. The close up showed he did attempt to use his arms, but not sure about the point of contact. The way McReight stopped dead in the collision suggests to me that Hooper was in no way backing off.

EDIT : McReight has had it all over MH in that first half. Best on ground so far.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Tate isn’t having a good game imo. He’s probably got some good run stats but he’s chaos
HSruxLB.jpg