• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs in Townsville

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
As a Waratahs fan, getting better as the season goes on is something new and might actually be beneficial come finals time. We always peak too early.
I thought the Reds offered very little and we still only beat them by 8. Realistically, we don't look amazing building in attack. I thought we beat them up front today and took our chances neatly. Our lineout and exit would still have seen us pummeled by a kiwi side.

And yeah, broken record, but we need a genuine 10.

Still a good win away from home and some really good individual performances.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
As a Waratahs fan, getting better as the season goes on is something new and might actually be beneficial come finals time. We always peak too early.
That was also so far from a complete performance.

The lineout was nowhere near clinical. Scrum wasn't too bad, but some of the ball was messy out at times and Jake needs to clear it quicker in those scenarios.

The exits and restarts were just poor and put so much unnecessary pressure on the team at times.

The kicking still needs work. It's real hit and miss with the chasing pressure not entirely being where it needs to be.

The defence was generally good, but it started to splinter a little in places, especially towards the end. The better teams will exploit those lapses.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Live I thought it was a no arms tackle, and at the time I didn't realise it was Hooper involved as the tv was in long shot. The close up showed he did attempt to use his arms, but not sure about the point of contact. The way McReight stopped dead in the collision suggests to me that Hooper was in no way backing off.

EDIT : McReight has had it all over MH in that first half. Best on ground so far.
Like I said, need to go back and look. Pretty sure that was at least a left (camera side) arm wrapping. Can't recall the other.

Edit: They showed the angle/close up from the otherside at the end of the broadcast. Didn't look great. That might get cited.

Last edited: