• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Round 5 - 2016 Super Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well if all those pan out the way you see them we won't make the finals.

I certainly wouldn't be writing off any home games as certain losses.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You realise only four of the politicians come from Canberra. The bulk come from NSW, Qld and Victoria.

And to paraphrase a former NZL Prime Minister, the others who flock to the flame of federal power raise the average IQ of both locations when they leave their home state.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
O'Connor has to make the change but not in a manner that hinders a young players development.

The blame rests at O'Connors feet. What does he do with his backs at training? So far to me it looks like he doesn't know shit from cake. Another poor coach that needs to be purged.

We have zero game management and it is killing us. We have a wealth of big runners and have completely forgotten what an inside ball looks like. We used to tear defences apart with that one. We are so far behind the gain line when our outside backs receive the pill, more or less have it shoveled onto them without any form of deception from the ten.

Between breakdowns our forwards have know clue as to where they should be and are either ineffective receivers or just plain in the way. Genia and Cooper were exemplary in sorting this stuff out on the field and the team had a bloody pattern to play to.

Fix these things up and the Reds will be a tough team to come up against.

I think you're right. I mean a backline running moves and ending up 15m behind the advantage line is under 10s stuff.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
But not Greene

More like this
supergreen.gif

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'll never change their minds. They made their mind up about Rob Simmons in 2012 and are unwilling to change despite any amount of evidence presented.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The attendance was almost 20k, very very good for a team that is fighting for the wooden spoon

Attendance: 17,247

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Both Simmons and Horwill looked much better players last year when they came out from RG's coaching and into the Wallabies. It's rare that a player actually looks BETTER when stepping up from Super to internationals.

Might indicate that they just didn't GAF under Graham. They might have tried to, but subconsciously just weren't putting in a full effort. That's the sort of effect a demoralising coach can have on a team.

And now Simmons seems to be stepping up again, with the captaincy and with Graham gone. He'll never be a Retallick or Skelton in terms of physicality but when he's giving 100% he can do it.

And that RWC intercept try was still bloody awesome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.