• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What are people trying to prove? That Giteau can be a jerk? We already know.

If your opposition denies you the bonus point, you only have yourself to blame for giving them the chance. Teams are entitled to do whatever they want, end of story.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Look at the wankers celebrating. Where the fuck was this sort of commitment against saffer and kiwi teams? Roll over for them, fucking crabs in a bucket.

What's wrong with them celebrating?

Didn't hear too many concerns about how the Reds celebrated last week vs the Saders.

The Brumbies have had a shocker of a year. IMO they have very little depth and barely have a Super standard loose forward trio, but have unearthed some decent talent that will need another season to be competitive week in week out. Not to mention the coach issues...

D

Doc

I lost all respect for the Brumbies after their flood comments in the first round, so that decision by Gits was no surprise.

The bigger issue than whether or not it was a dog act was the fact that this is a senior Wallaby (who got the sulks because he was made captain) and potential leader at the world up lacking any trace of rugby intelligence.

Brumbies had absolutely zero to gain from that kick and everything to lose. Ball goes into touch, end of conversation, anything else shows massive amounts of immaturity and pettiness.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Good win for the brumbies. Interesting end too the game. I thought he would of missed on purpose. Oh well it's a professional sport. He probably did the right thing.

Go the force!!!!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What's wrong with them celebrating?

Didn't hear too many concerns about how the Reds celebrated last week vs the Saders.

The Brumbies have had a shocker of a year. IMO they have very little depth and barely have a Super standard loose forward trio, but have unearthed some decent talent that will need another season to be competitive week in week out. Not to mention the coach issues...

Agreed. After the shocker of a year they have had, why wouldn't you celebrate like anything after knocking over the competition leaders?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I lost all respect for the Brumbies after their flood comments in the first round, so that decision by Gits was no surprise.

The bigger issue than whether or not it was a dog act was the fact that this is a senior Wallaby (who got the sulks because he was made captain) and potential leader at the world up lacking any trace of rugby intelligence.

Brumbies had absolutely zero to gain from that kick and everything to lose. Ball goes into touch, end of conversation, anything else shows massive amounts of immaturity and pettiness.

The thread just went from gold to platinum...

Is denying your opposition a bonus point immature these days?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The delicious ironing...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is obviously a mix of factors involved, including chaos theory, the moon passing through capricorn and the entrails of brumby jack, but I think a big motivator for this team of individuals is to put one over their rivals for spots in the wallabies.

You mean that broken fetlock in Round 3 or whenever it was did him in and they gutted him to try and work out what the future of the season was? No wonder they went bad, I thought everyone know horse entrails were no good for predictions.

P

Paradox

So the brumbies dominance over the Reds continues. Gits has added to a great tradition. His kick at the death means something for next season and the ones that follow. Sadly for the Reds, they've been bullied by each of the other Aussie packs other than the Rebels. Cooper and Genia's brilliance can only get you so far. Good luck against Pocock and co as you'll need it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't believe that the Planet Rugby match thread wound up to be more civil than this.

The ungraciousness and bitterness shown in defeat has been disappointing, and I generally expect better here.

M

Maroon Army

It's really disappointing. There's also plenty of idiots on the Reds facebook page shooting their mouths off aswell.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I've now yellow carded three people for posts in this thread, and deleted another thread.

Keep it civil people.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I was extremely impressed by McAbe at 12. Led the defensive line forward, didn't miss a tackle and was dominant in many contacts. The few opportunities he had he was also very good with ball in hand. I hope the Mules persist with him at 12, he could be an interesting option for the Wallabies.

I say this knowing that I have absolutely zero hope of ever seeing such a thing as Deans is totally committed to his 2 playmaker system, but I would give a lot to see a rteurn to a traditional Australian set up with a true 12 and McAbe has the attributes.

What is a true 12 Gnostic? What attributes should they possess

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i enjoyed the game, good on the brumbies.
and wow with the reds fans, had a couple of lucky wins this year and alot of you have dished it up to those that mention it, first place is still in the teams own hands, dont see why there is so much hate, surely you should be wishing the brumbies well and moving on.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
well gits said he would kick everything. so he did and with the brumbies try........ few injuries ahhhhh, for reds and wallabies...genia will be fine, cant have burgess as scrum half. soooo slow and cant pass for shit

B

Bilby

Have a look at the replay...Digby was out to it when he ran into Vaea's massive arm. I wish Digby well but Vaea is does NOT play dirty. If you want to talk about dangerous tackles look at Samo's around the neck tackle on Chapman on the try line and also Samo's dump on Moore. Onya Brumbies

D

daz

I have removed the beer bottle from my TV. I have vacummed the corn chips and salsa that were stuck to every wall, roof, floor and piece of furniture in my lounge room.

I have apologised to my neighbours, family and dog.

The end of this process is my one and only comment on this game, in this thread:

Well done Brumbies. Outstanding game. Defense was fucking massive.

Reds, not good enough lads. Wake up. The finals start soon and based on that, you are short priced favourites to exit early.

Status
Not open for further replies.