• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Tend to agree, Gnostic. You could be a Rugby Tart too, perhaps ;)

I love having a team local to my state and certainly want them to beat the other Aussie franchises in the head-to-head games, but I am first and foremost a fan of the Wallabies. That is the team I want to win more than anything. If QLD were to go on and win the comp this year, I reckon it would be fantastic. It sure beats the Saffers or Kiwis doing it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh thanks for that. Might explain why I haven't seen him score any tries for them this year! ;)

My brain may occassionally fail me but the fact that he isn't there any more actually reinforces my points. Without his kick chase the game plan is failing more than my brain.
Hope Basson show you his value in the kick chase game, try nr1.

T

tranquility

I think it is great that there are so many Tahs supporters willing to say they actually really like the Reds, and they support them when there side isn't going so well. I mean who wouldn't love the Reds? whether they were winning or losing. However, it is just so easy to hate the Tahs. Even you guys don't like them that much; you boo them when they lose, state their individual and collective incompetence and then passively start supporting another team? This is beginning to sound like fair weather support is it not?

It is not the players I dislike, as I love them in the Gold jersey. It is just that off shade of blue that irks me.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Tend to agree, Gnostic. You could be a Rugby Tart too, perhaps ;)

I love having a team local to my state and certainly want them to beat the other Aussie franchises in the head-to-head games, but I am first and foremost a fan of the Wallabies. That is the team I want to win more than anything. If QLD were to go on and win the comp this year, I reckon it would be fantastic. It sure beats the Saffers or Kiwis doing it.

I am not good looking enough for that level Hornet.

I will support good Rugby where-ever I see it. I really don't care who is playing, but I make sure nothing interferes with Wallabies or Oz S15 games.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

PB: even for a Reds' fan, that was a fabulous piece of skill, timing and daring! Congrats to him, it stunned the crowd, rightly. Just another event that made the game so exciting, enjoyable, great for the code here, and utterly nerve-racking for every SA and Aus fan.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Basson is great. I am sure you see what I mean though about the Bulls. Two years ago that game would have been a different prospect. They just are two steps slower, and the execution isn't as good as it was. I suppose it is a criticism that they haven't moved on from that game plan and have something else in case it isn't working, but I can understand why they haven't, the success they achieved was pretty absolute. A good parrallel is the 1995 Wallabies - they were the best side in the World for four years from 1991 but they carried too many old heads and too many injured players into the 1995 RWC and were shown up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Basson is great. I am sure you see what I mean though about the Bulls. Two years ago that game would have been a different prospect. They just are two steps slower, and the execution isn't as good as it was. I suppose it is a criticism that they haven't moved on from that game plan and have something else in case it isn't working, but I can understand why they haven't, the success they achieved was pretty absolute. A good parrallel is the 1995 Wallabies - they were the best side in the World for four years from 1991 but they carried too many old heads and too many injured players into the 1995 RWC and were shown up.
Ja sure you right regarding the gameplan. All SA teams have move on to a more ball in hand and phases approach but they dont seem to get that shift. Hope this will be an eye opener for our Bok coach.

T

TOCC

Well, I can only speak for myself, but you are wrong. Except for next week, when I happily admit I'll cheer against the Reds. ;)

Im not saying everyone will, but for the past 3 years I've worked in a office with a huge number of tahs fans where it was about a 50/50 split, that was even before this season, so I'm aware that the feeling isn't purely reserved for some of the QLD fans.

I personally will support NSW over any other foreign team, but within Australia I will back the underdog, which generally means I'm cheering against the tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.