• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Crusaders Super Rugby Rd11 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can't complain, placed a bet half way thru 2nd half for total score to be under 30.5 points at evens...

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Seems there are players picked for certain attributes (like speed) and they think they can turn them into rugby players. Look at the 2nd rower for the Rebels - he was a rower (oars), has the fitness but the understanding isn't there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seems there are players picked for certain attributes (like speed) and they think they can turn them into rugby players. Look at the 2nd rower for the Rebels - he was a rower (oars), has the fitness but the understanding isn't there.

I want to agree with that but you're wrong on Neville. He's a fantastic rugby player with skills.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Congratulations Saders on the win. I am still proud of our boys though. No excuses, we brainfarted at a couple of critical points in the game. Shit happens but overall I thought we played a good game.

Both sides just couldn't hang onto it at the right times unfortunately...

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought the 2 worst decisions were the call against Digby for not releasing the ball within the required millisecond that you are tackled, this only seemed to be the rules for that particular tackle. And the second one was Ritchie stopping Gill from following the ball off a scrum by interfering with him. Surely if a Referee has ever watched a game with Ritchie in it he would be aware that this is something to look for.

Finally a Reds bonus point!!! Something to smile about.

Higgers, A Faiinga and Lucas were huge. 3 points each and an honorable mention for Genia for mine, he is looking dangerous again. but a 5 point score for Gill can you sign a player for a 12 year deal?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know the penalty count?

Reds back in form either way. Harris kicks straight and we win.

Think next Sunday we'll get over the Chiefs and finish the season very strongly.

Only question is are we too far behind the Brumbies for it to matter?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I asked before but does anyone know Harris' percentage from when he missed his first one?

How does someone get 23? in a row then be so bad? Must be all confidence for him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought the 2 worst decisions were the call against Digby for not releasing the ball within the required millisecond that you are tackled, this only seemed to be the rules for that particular tackle. And the second one was Ritchie stopping Gill from following the ball off a scrum by interfering with him. Surely if a Referee has ever watched a game with Ritchie in it he would be aware that this is something to look for.

Finally a Reds bonus point!!! Something to smile about.

Higgers, A Faiinga and Lucas were huge. 3 points each and an honorable mention for Genia for mine, he is looking dangerous again. but a 5 point score for Gill can you sign a player for a 12 year deal?

That was definitely not a penalty...

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Think next Sunday we'll get over the Chiefs and finish the season very strongly.

We each have byes that will cancel each other out, if the Reds beat the Brumbies in their matchup then we are only one game behind them (and a bonus point). I think the Reds are now only in Australia and the Brumbies have to go to Wellington. I wonder if us getting Quade back and the Brumbies losing Lealiifano will be worth a win? It might come down to the last week

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

If we're gazing into next weeks crystal ball, I'd say the Chiefs will be a very different proposition - they actually have an attacking game. Saders have very little in that regard this season despite a few glimpses of better tries off set piece.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Vinnie Munro was worse than Bryce. I thought he missed some really obvious stuff. The Saders lineout in the secon half where they threw to two and was nowhere near straight. It was right in front of his blody eyes. The scrum before half time was his mistake also. Bryce was on the other side and needed his assistant watching the blind. Vinnie completely missed another obvious infringment. Refs have a tough job and they will make mistakes given all they have to observe. Assistants have nowhere that workload but they constantly stuff it up. It is time they are held to account. These decisions had no bearing on the final score but that is not the point. They are proffesionals doing their bloody jobs like amatures.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Might go out on a limb here and say the signatures of Hanson and Higgers are more important than QC (Quade Cooper). The backline has looked considerably better with A Fainga'a and on the back of his games so far think the Wobs could do way, way worse. He and Higgers are definitely still on the improve as players.

Gill is very, very good. What happens if he gets a call up for the Wobs, does he still go to the U20 WC? He and Pocock could work really well in tandem on national duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.