• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Kickoff:
4:30pm (Local) Sun 14 Mar

Head to Head:
Played 4: Reds 2, Force 2

Last Time:
Force 39 - Reds 7 at Subiaco Oval, Perth

Both teams have players returning from injury and for the Western Force they have 2 new signings in the team as well.

T

TOCC

1 Ben Daley
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Laurie Weeks
4 Adam Byrnes
5 Van Humphries
6 Scott Higginbotham
7 Daniel Braid (vc)
8 Leroy Houston
9 Will Genia (c)
10 Quade Cooper
11 Luke Morahan
12 Anthony Fainga'a
13 Morgan Turinui
14 Digby Ioane
15 Peter Hynes

16 Sean Hardman
17 Greg Holmes
18 Robert Simmons
19 Jake Schatz
20 Ben Lucas
21 Ben Tapuai
22 Will Chambers

Z

zombi

Force by atleast 50.

Here is my XV which is probably horribly wrong and obviously not official;

1) Cowan
2) Whittaker
3) Fairbrother
4) Hockings
5) Sharpe
6) Wykes
7) Hodgeson
8) Brown (I think he's due back next week)
9) O'Young
10) Hill
11) DHP
12) O'Connor
13) Cross
14) Cummins
15) Bart

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
1 Ben Daley
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Laurie Weeks
4 Adam Byrnes
5 Van Humphries
6 Scott Higginbotham
7 Daniel Braid (vc)
8 Leroy Houston
9 Will Genia (c)
10 Quade Cooper
11 Luke Morahan
12 Anthony Fainga'a
13 Morgan Turinui
14 Digby Ioane
15 Peter Hynes

16 Sean Hardman
17 Greg Holmes
18 Robert Simmons
19 Jake Schatz
20 Ben Lucas
21 Ben Tapuai
22 Will Chambers

I like it hopefully Hynes is good to go & we're basically back to full strength. As long as Pocock is still missing I'm fairly confident we can get up on sunday.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Force seems like a danger team for us IMHO. I'm a bit nervous the "Western Reds" love giving it to us.

T

TOCC

force will definetly represent a massive challenge, also factoring in that they have had the bye so Mitchell has had 2 weeks to prepare for this match

D

David

Sully said:
The Force seems like a danger team for us IMHO. I'm a bit nervous the "Western Reds" love giving it to us.

Haha, I get nervous before every game they "should" win, but none more so then against the Force.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Coming off a bye this is exactly the kind of match I can see the Force getting up for, especially after hearing Humphries' inspirational words following the Chiefs match. Nothing good can come of it really. They'd just better keep their injury-ravaged paws off of Sanchez and Cooper.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Biffo said:
How many ex-Qlanders will line up for the Force?

JOC (James O'Connor), Cummins, Barto, Sheehan, Brown, Sharpe, Hockings, Henderson

I think.

R

rugbywhisperer

Noddy said:
Biffo said:
JOC (James O'Connor), Cummins, Barto, Sheehan, Brown, Sharpe, Hockings, Henderson I think.

So really it's Qld A v Qld B. Can we share the points if we lose? Then again how can you lose to yourself?

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I know for sure Sheehan was born in WA and educated in NSW. Maybe others can give the definitive answer on the others. The QLD posters around here had me believing that pretty much all the Australian s14 players were at one time or other poached from QLD, but an excellent recent blog post put the record straight on that.

The Reds don't thrive on being favorites, and the Force players will no doubt be keen to put their two cents worth in on Van Humphries' pep talk. Having said all that, the Reds are the form team, the Force have injury problems, and Bartholomeusz was absolutely woeful.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
Biffo said:

JOC (James O'Connor), Cummins, Barto, Sheehan, Brown, Sharpe, Hockings, Henderson

I think.

I don't think. You may care to re-think. For starters, Sharpe is from Wagga.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Biffo said:

But his rugby education was in Qld.

Working out a player's nationality is one thing but working out what state they are from is a whole different matter.
There is no formalised document saying anyone is a Qlder or a NSWelshman. Just a place they were born, a place they were raised and a place they currently reside (and it's hard enough to get that information at that). Which one of these are most important? Where they choose to live currently in my opinion.

Basically my point is a player's "state" of allegiance is entirely based on where he wants to live and thus play his rugger.

S

Spook

Biffo said:
Noddy said:
Biffo said:

I think.

Sharpe is clearly a poach from ACT and Southern NSW Rugby union

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
Biffo said:
But his rugby education was in Qld. There is no formalised document saying anyone is a Qlder or a NSWelshman. Just a place they were born, a place they were raised and a place they currently reside (and it's hard enough to get that information at that). Which one of these are most important? Where they choose to live currently in my opinion. Basically my point is a player's "state" of allegiance is entirely based on where he wants to live and thus play his rugger in Perth.

fixed By that measure Nathan's a sandgroper.

Status
Not open for further replies.