• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Force, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

the Force game makes me nervous more so then others, one because i hate losing to other Australian teams, but also because the Force have a real point to prove

B

brokendown gunfighter

HG said:
brokendown gunfighter said:
chief said:
I wonder how many people will be show up at Suncorp on Sunday afternoon to watch? Despite the positive media coverage, I struggle to think they'll eclipse 18,000. Hope to be wrong.

there is a dozen or so of us Force fans flying over
that should help bolster the crowd numbers! :)

Up for an ale Gunny?

didn't think you partake in the Amber fluid these days HG

C

chief

Force game always makes me nervous, under performing team. We'll just have to see what they can produce for us.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
HG said:
chief said:
I wonder how many people will be show up at Suncorp on Sunday afternoon to watch? Despite the positive media coverage, I struggle to think they'll eclipse 18,000. Hope to be wrong.

there is a dozen or so of us Force fans flying over
that should help bolster the crowd numbers! :)

Up for an ale Gunny?

didn't think you partake in the Amber fluid these days HG

I will do a macka and have 1 or 2 light beers.
amongst the lime and soda.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
its kids day too with rides and face paint etc.

I'm getting out there early with my 2 elder lads, plus my nephew and my bro-in-law.

Should be a great day.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My 13 month old is coming, and he normally can't sit still for a second. Hoping the crowd and game around him will keep him interested otherwise it could be a long game for me!

He did get excited watching me watch the Chiefs game last friday though, so I reckon he will get into it!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Going with the whole family after attending the QRU advanced coaching seminar at Ballymore. Robbie, Jim and Craig McRae of Brisbane Lions fame are the presenters. Should be a good day all round.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I hope the Reds realise what great chance this. Crusaders play the Chiefs and the Canes play the Stormers. Someday is going down the ladder this weekend and somebody is going up.

Please QLD, don't fuck it up.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Would love to be there but I'm an U16s coach and we're scheduled to play round 4 of our pre-season competition at that time.

Which means all U16 & U18 Brisbane club players won't be able to attend the game.

Great work by the Brisbane Junior Rugby Union - keep it up.....

C

chief

Lance Free said:
Would love to be there but I'm an U16s coach and we're scheduled to play round 4 of our pre-season competition at that time.

Which means all U16 & U18 Brisbane club players won't be able to attend the game.

Great work by the Brisbane Junior Rugby Union - keep it up.....

It is being changed, I believe, as it is Juniors Day as well. Trying to move them to Saturday evening.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Hate starting favourites. Hopefully the Reds players will remember the disappointment of losing the last time they were favourites.... against the Blues.

This is going to be a tough game, always was going to be. Don't know much about the new 10. but I am expecting O'Connor to get his hands on the ball a lot. Cross is much maligned, but he is a good defensive centre, and I think defensively the Force backs go alright.

The forwards are the key, which is no surprise. From a Reds perspective, if they can hold their own in the set piece, and create the necessary go forward for Genia and Cooper to have time and space, then it might be good times.

And more of that in your face ruthless defence will be needed.

As to Van's comments firing up the Force..well if that's what they needed as motivation they're in trouble. The Force's desperate need to win should be motivation enough.

Hopefully it's a cracker, Reds by eight.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It's the top few inches of the Reds players that their fans have to worry about. The have the ability in spades to beat the Force - but the Force don't have it to beat the Reds on the evidence of their 3 games to date.

If any coach in any sport knew how to switch on his players every time he'd be a very wealthy man. What happens in the real world is that favourites sometimes don't show up to play - like the Crusaders and the Chiefs against the Reds. If the Force show up to play and the Reds don't they can out-Red the Reds, not on better ability but by using the top inches and showing patience, composure, tenacity and passion.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember a game between the Force and the Reds in Perth where the Force dominated the Reds and won. It was only a trial - but it was recent, just before the S14 started. The Force had the top inches going in that game and the Reds didn't.

It could happen again.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lee - that trial game looked like men against boys, with the Force pack dominating the Reds completely. You'd have hoped the Reds have improved since then, but if both packs remember what happened in that trial game then it could get interesting and you're right, it could easily happen again.

I'm still unsure whether to tip the Reds or Force. This game could really go either way in my book.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I have a sneaking suspicion you are a lunatic.

Why don't you put some money on them to win the comp then?

R

rugbywhisperer

Even the NTS have scheduled a morning session with Robbie Deans and then lunch and attending the game with the great man.

Status
Not open for further replies.