• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm comfortable with that.

I'm not! Dennis has been outstanding this year and is wasted on the bench. Mumm's been poor all year but is untouchable. I would have kept Douglas but told him he would be replaced after 20 if he fucked up (last chance, mate) dumped Mumm to the bench for Mowen and brought Dennis into the starting line up. Timani is first lock on for Douglas if he underperforms. My logic for doing that is I think we need Douglass's grunt in the scrum for at least the first half. McCutcheon, another protected species, should be replaced by Alcock.

I think Kingston showed a heap of promise last week but we would be stronger overall with Hangers at 10, Beale at 15 and Turner at 14. Kingston to the bench. Unless Burgess is on fire I would bring McKibben on early this week, we need to see him under tough match conditions so we know where we are for next year.

I don't like the announced team at all, there is no reward for good play and no discipline for poor effort.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Agree with you re the pack, Hawko.

I liked Kingston a lot too. Made a good try-saver in the first half and had a great run with his first touch. Best of all, he seems to have actual hands instead of those concrete clubs Pakalani is carrying around.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not! Dennis has been outstanding this year and is wasted on the bench. Mumm's been poor all year but is untouchable. I would have kept Douglas but told him he would be replaced after 20 if he fucked up (last chance, mate) dumped Mumm to the bench for Mowen and brought Dennis into the starting line up. Timani is first lock on for Douglas if he underperforms. My logic for doing that is I think we need Douglass's grunt in the scrum for at least the first half. McCutcheon, another protected species, should be replaced by Alcock.

I think Kingston showed a heap of promise last week but we would be stronger overall with Hangers at 10, Beale at 15 and Turner at 14. Kingston to the bench. Unless Burgess is on fire I would bring McKibben on early this week, we need to see him under fire so we know where we are for next year.

Dennis is better at lock than Mowen. I agree with the rest Hawko, just leave Mowen at 6 and play Dennis at 4. Mowen as Captain.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Happy with that side, it will be interesting to see whether they turn up attitude wise

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
who is your display picture mr buchanan?

James Buchanan, American president. He didn't have an avatar, so an historically correct one was provided by a bored moderator with time on his hands.

Yeah, I don't fuss so much with Avatars, but I did like that one. He was the 15th President of the United States; the one before Abraham Lincoln. He's generally considered to be one of the worse ones historically because he tried to prevent the Civil War through diplomacy and failed; but, that may have been an impossibility, anyway.

The wikipedia page on him is quite good. After reading it, whilst he probably achieved more than I ever will, it is probably a good fit for me.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
ffs. ::) (I need a facepalm icon mods)

Gnostic, I don't understand this post. Do you mean Vickerman would facepalm both of them or that Douglas and Mumm's performance this year have been OK? I know Vickerman's been out a while and easily crocked but at his best he would be better on his own than both these.

I'm so disappointed in them that I have suggested Timani and Mowen as replacements. Timani's hands are improving but not good and Mowen is a backrower. These are desperate times for the Tahs, lose this one and we probably won't make the finals. Vickerman back just to rip into Mumm every time he slackens off would do it for me!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I agree with Hawko - Douglas, while having been far from excellent, is surely better than "no thumbs" Timani, and Dennis has been better than both of them combined. Tahs are not getting enough impact out of him on the bench. Cuth has been shit, and alcock showed agression, skill and force when he came on - not to have him in the 22 is a mistake. Beale is OK at 10, and great at 15. I think we need the "great" performance - we can get an OK 10 elsewhere. Am OK with Kingston, but having Beale, Mitchell, Turner as the back 2 is a better balance and provides more attacking (and counter attacking) option.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Timani was very good when he came on, he deserves to start and his aggressive defense will aid the Tahs

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
What about a Qldr captaining the Force, a NSWelshman at the Rebels and a NSWelshman at the Ponies?

M

Maroon Army

Never stopped you picking Eales

Timani's been in I reckon career best form. Handling seems better in recent weeks too

Get f@#k out of here, Eales was born and raised in Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.