• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
At Sydney airport on my way on a 2 day work trip, just released all I've brought to change into tonight is a rugby jersey. A RED RUGBY JERSEY!!! bad sign, reds by 5

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reds strike first in hair-raising battle
April 18, 2011 - 3:17pm
Story by: AAP

NSW Hooker and Hair-expert Tatafu Polota-Nau
Queensland have fired the first verbal shot leading into Super Rugby's interstate grudge match with arch-rivals NSW, with Radike Samo accusing Waratahs hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau of trimming his afro.

Polota-Nau sports the biggest hair in world rugby after vowing to let it grow until his easybeat club side Parramatta finally won a match in the Sydney's Shute Shield competition.

But the similarly wild-haired Samo, who has only trimmed his thick top twice in the past six years, believes the Qantas Wallabies rake has taken the scissors to his fro.

"I reckon he's been trimming it. It grows out and then it looked like it's a bit shorter," the veteran Reds forward said on Monday.

Any bone-jarring collision between the equally-powerful Samo and Polota-Nau on Saturday night is sure to provide the Suncorp Stadium crowd, and especially photographers, with one of the sights of the year.

Fiji-born Samo played six Tests for the Wallabies in 2004 when he sported a crew-cut but stopped cutting his hair in 2005 after copping a serious injury while playing for the Brumbies.

"I've had it trimmed twice, in 2008 and again last year," he said.

The 197cm flanker-lock, who crossed for a first-half try in the Reds' 39-30 win over the Bulls, has no doubts it gives him extra protection.

He's had three head clashes in recent times but reported no concussion problems.

"There was one in the second trial game this year where it was me and Rocket (winger Rod Davies) and we went into a tackle and head-butt each other," Samo said.

"He got knocked out. I felt a little dazed but I was all right."

Samo has a point as if the Nau didn't groom the fro it would look like a Greek ladies armpit.

Maybe Barnes should grow a fro and ditch the headgear.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The SMH reporting Timani to start and Douglas to be dropped. I didn't think Douglas the big issue last week. Captain Mumm was walking along with the rest of the forwards except Kepu and perhaps Dennis. TPN wasn't walking he was on his knees at every breakdown he made it to.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
The SMH reporting Timani to start and Douglas to be dropped. I didn't think Douglas the big issue last week. Captain Mumm was walking along with the rest of the forwards except Kepu and perhaps Dennis. TPN wasn't walking he was on his knees at every breakdown he made it to.

that'd be the 2nd time kane has been dropped if i recall correctly. i don't think many agreed with it the 1st time.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Samo has a point as if the Nau didn't groom the fro it would look like a Greek ladies armpit.

Maybe Barnes should grow a fro and ditch the headgear.

Read the entire thread man. We've been through this already.

T

TOCC

can the reds get any more adorable??

http://a3.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash4/206619_10150228598695236_282471695235_8933318_2087589_n.jpg

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You actually think that you can beat the Tahs by keeping it tight and engaging in a kicking battle?

Remind me how the Cheetahs beat them again? Or Stormers in the semi last year?

Or do you think it is impossible that the Tahs can lose to any other side in the comp?

Anyway, form says the Reds should win by comfortable 10 or so points, but form often goes out the window in these types of games. If the Reds go in with too much complacency they will get a shock, as the Tahs will surely be up for this one.

Ignoring the crap I wrote in the previous paragraph, Reds are surely the great underdogs here, as RugbyReg has previously shown. I hope that the Reds can overcome adversity and show their battling spirit to get one over their much more fancied opponents.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The Reds won't be complacent, the only issue on their side will be nervousness at creating a little bit of history.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
The 'Tahs

15. Lachie Turner (Eastwood)
14. Tom Kingston (Sydney University)
13. Ryan Cross (Eastern Suburbs)
12. Tom Carter* (Sydney University)
11. Drew Mitchell (Balmain)
10. Kurtley Beale (Randwick)
9. Luke Burgess (Sydney University)
8. Wycliff Palu (Manly)
7. Phil Waugh [c] (Sydney University)
6. Ben Mowen (Randwick)
5. Sitaleki Timani (Southern Districts)
4. Dean Mumm (Sydney University)
3. Sekope Kepu (Randwick)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (Parramatta)
1. Benn Robinson (Eastwood)
Reserves
16. John Ulugia (Southern Districts)
17. Al Baxter (Northern Suburbs)
18. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
19. Dave Dennis (Sydney University)
20. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University)
21. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
22. Daniel Halangahu (Sydney University)

* 50th Super Rugby Cap

T

tranquility

The 'Tahs

15. Lachie Turner (Eastwood)
14. Tom Kingston (Sydney University)
13. Ryan Cross (Eastern Suburbs)
12. Tom Carter* (Sydney University)
11. Drew Mitchell (Balmain)
10. Kurtley Beale (Randwick)
9. Luke Burgess (Sydney University)
8. Wycliff Palu (Manly)
7. Phil Waugh [c] (Sydney University)
6. Ben Mowen (Randwick)
5. Sitaleki Timani (Southern Districts)
4. Dean Mumm (Sydney University)
3. Sekope Kepu (Randwick)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (Parramatta)
1. Benn Robinson (Eastwood)
Reserves
16. John Ulugia (Southern Districts)
17. Al Baxter (Northern Suburbs)
18. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
19. Dave Dennis (Sydney University)
20. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University)
21. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
22. Daniel Halangahu (Sydney University)

* 50th Super Rugby Cap

I'm comfortable with that.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe thats why the Bulls backs were falling off tackles their eyes were watering. The forwards on the otherhand are used to unwholesome fragrances.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
You actually think that you can beat the Tahs by keeping it tight and engaging in a kicking battle?

I think the reds will beat the Tahs with a gameplan the same as they used against the Stormers. Kick to the corners, play defense oriented game, score from breakouts and penalties. I'll wager $50 on a reds win with you if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.