• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs - 29th April RD 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hmmm - not withstanding NSWs problems, QLD were horrendous against the Brumbies only 3 weeks ago. They were better against the Kings, but far from convincing. I hope everyone is right and they turn it on, but I am kinda stuck on why anyone would be confident that will be the case.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hmmm - not withstanding NSWs problems, QLD were horrendous against the Brumbies only 3 weeks ago. They were better against the Kings, but far from convincing. I hope everyone is right and they turn it on, but I am kinda stuck on why anyone would be confident that will be the case.

In my case, it's an overwhelming lack of confidence in the Waratahs.

It's hard to see them improving enough from last Friday to challenge even a mediocre performance by the Reds.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It did't work against the Kings but it's bound to work against the Reds.

The rope is back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheika was pretty successful with his metaphors in 2014 but that was an experienced side.

Maybe metaphors are too complex an idea for the 2017 Waratahs squad?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cheika was pretty successful with his metaphors in 2014 but that was an experienced side.

Maybe metaphors are too complex an idea for the 2017 Waratahs squad?

I just think a simpler metaphor - "Here's a Big Bertha in your Jatz crackers" - speaks volumes more than "Here's a rope; be the rope; know the rope; connect with the rope but just try not to fucken strangle yourself with the rope, you pack of numpties".

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
C-YZhaeXgAISpgI.jpg:large

It doesn't seem like he's selecting the team based on form (or talent to be fair) - otherwise Wells, Naiyavoro and Mumm would be nowhere near there.

Reactions: TKO

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Reds have named a good team. If everyone plays at even 80% of their ability they should get home. But this is Aus super rugby, good players are no guarantee to play well

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It did't work against the Kings but it's bound to work against the Reds.

The rope is back.

No wonder it's not working, look at all the rope on the ground, absolutely no-one is willing to pick up the slack! So if anything, that picture aptly sums up the Tahs season.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No wonder it's not working, look at all the rope on the ground, absolutely no-one is willing to pick up the slack! So if anything, that picture aptly sums up the Tahs season.

I'd read somewhere that they were walking around Moore Park with the thing above their head.

Half the fucking thing is on the floor! They look alarmingly disinterested in the whole thing.

A more accurate picture would be Foley and Hooper up the front, holding the rope high, with the rest of the numpties at the back with their section of rope dragging along the floor.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Reds have named a good team. If everyone plays at even 80% of their ability they should get home. But this is Aus super rugby, good players are no guarantee to play well

What everyone should be awaiting and listening out for just prior to KO is the carefully considered assessment by Kafer or Horan as to 'greasy conditions', 'dew on the ground', 'quite humid in Brisbane today', 'bit of moisture in the pitch' and all such like as these vital inputs will provide the perfect background for their typical (and typically ridiculous) excuses for the awful skill levels, dropped balls, fumbled passes, poor kicks, aimless and ill-fated grubbers that both teams will almost certainly display based upon the consistent 2017 form of both.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No excuses this weekend weatherwise - forecast looks perfect.

That's about as powerful a side as the Reds could name, probably only missing Slipper & CFS and haven't heard anything about CFS injury timeframe all season.

Hopefully the Reds smart enough to use that extra grunt effectively.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Whats the rope for?

THE entire Waratahs squad ran in unison to training on Monday carrying a long, heavy rope.
“It’s just a little symbol that we’ve spoken about,” NSW playmaker Bernard Foley said.​
“Removing ourselves from the last block of games and then looking forward to the next month of footy.​
“It’s really important for us as a team and that was a bit of a symbol about how we want to move forward.”

I don't care what they do as long as it works, so far it hasn't worked

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What everyone should be awaiting and listening out for just prior to KO is the carefully considered assessment by Kafer or Horan as to 'greasy conditions', 'dew on the ground', 'quite humid in Brisbane today', 'bit of moisture in the pitch' and all such like as these vital inputs will provide the perfect background for their typical (and typically ridiculous) excuses for the awful skill levels, dropped balls, fumbled passes, poor kicks, aimless and ill-fated grubbers that both teams will almost certainly display based upon the consistent 2017 form of both.

Anywhere else in the world it would be considered a home team advantage. Can you imagine Bulls commentators complaining about altitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.