• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richard Graham to quit the Force and join the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phil Blake would surely be in the running with his services no longer required for the Wallabies

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I am dreaming but is it a possibility that something's gone on with RD and Link's headed to Wallaby-land right now....unusual that no ARU announcement has been made on those Wallaby support coaches yet? Something is very odd and unexplained about all this, as of now...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Massive news. Hopefully the Force can get a top coach to commit to them, they have had a seriously bad run of luck in the past few years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is a disastrous development for Australian Rugby. i have no view about Graham as a coach - i dont watch enough force games to have formed one and, in any event, the place has been dysfunctional since before he got there.
But it seems like a pointless move to me to take the best credentialed hands on coach in Australia and put him in a less hands on role in favour of someone in whom most of you posters have little faith. Its akin to weakening 2 positions by moving your best player from one position to another that he doesn't play as well and bringing in the reserve.
It also seems unlikely to me that the ARU are behind the scenes orchestrating a Link takeover of the Wallabies: this would be utterly disloyal to the players and fans in Perth and could not be justified on any basis.
Starting to make the A league look good.....

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Phil Blake would surely be in the running with his services no longer required for the Wallabies

Phil Blake and Phil Mooney would be the two I'd be calling right now.

The former is a defensive orientated coach and the other is attacking based with a great eye on young talent.

More importantly they'd both feel pretty motivated over the kick in the guts they've gotten in the past.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
This is a disastrous development for Australian Rugby. i have no view about Graham as a coach - i dont watch enough force games to have formed one and, in any event, the place has been dysfunctional since before he got there.
But it seems like a pointless move to me to take the best credentialed hands on coach in Australia and put him in a less hands on role in favour of someone in whom most of you posters have little faith. Its akin to weakening 2 positions by moving your best player from one position to another that he doesn't play as well and bringing in the reserve.
It also seems unlikely to me that the ARU are behind the scenes orchestrating a Link takeover of the Wallabies: this would be utterly disloyal to the players and fans in Perth and could not be justified on any basis.
Starting to make the A league look good.....

++ what a shocking, almost recklessly irresponsible time to announce such changes. Reds just recovering morale and mojo and huge game on Friday, Force struggling and having to see someone who was allegedly meant to be super-comitted to them for 4 years, just walk away after 1.5 yrs to a fierce competitor.

+ tremble to think what this could mean for 2013 onwards player retention at the Reds...

+ why on earth could the QRU not go for someone with an outstanding track record at S15 or intn level...whatever the most generous excuses for RG's outcomes as coach, he has no demonstrable track record of proper success anywhere

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Phil Blake and Phil Mooney would be the two I'd be calling right now.

The former is a defensive orientated coach and the other is attacking based with a great eye on young talent.

More importantly they'd both feel pretty motivated over the kick in the guts they've gotten in the past.

Revenge angle. I like it.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Andy Friend?

Doubt it. Just went to Japan and was an original applicant for the job in 2006 and probably doesn't want much to do with Aus Rugby after his adventures.

The usual names will be rolled out in coming weeks - Cheika, Louden - maybe even Chris Hickey???

I can't see Blake getting the job with such little experience and Super Rugby is not the place for learning on the job. Like Vern Reid said an Australian coach would be preferred over a foreigner and now the Northern Hemisphere competitions are coming to a close, there could be some interest from Australian coaches based over there but would have to move fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.