• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is it head to head within pools and then points difference outside of the pools for the third place sides?
Having not checked, I'd assume Wins-> Points Difference -> Points Scored -> Tries Difference -> Tries Scored -> Coin flip, as per standard.

Albeit I don't know if you can have a different number of points and a different number of wins (one has 1 win 2 losses, the other 2 draws and a loss?) In sevens

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, I'm not sure about all of that. Just going by google.

I think what it means though is we need Kenya to do a number of Japan. To find their form and beat them by whatever we lose to the Boks by plus 4!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Primarily we need to beat South Africa.

If that fails, we need Kenya to beat Japan by at least 4 more points than we get beaten by South Africa.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
ab08e83612c4e340f996285aef0b9c65.jpg

73be721f2f09d2a44a74958a6b04f796.jpg

3e52671d2af75f815fa3bd652035e29d.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We're rooted. I'm jumping on the Fiji Wizards Train.

Bula Fiji. First Olympic medal of any kind, and it'll be Gold, Gold, Gold. Vanuinui Vinaki Fiji. Na noqu hovercraft e sinai tu vei na duna.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
That sloppy game against Argentina is gonna haunt USA big time tomorrow. We're gonna get slaughtered if we come out that flat against Fiji.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Predictions for tonight are perhaps:

Group A:

Arg by 20 over Brazil
Fiji by 10 over USA (tough one)

Group B:
Fra by 20 over Spain
SAF by 10 over Aus (generous given yesterday)

Group C:
JAP by 2 over KEN
NZL by 2 over GBR

Which would give us this, meaning Oz miss out.

View attachment 8305

I'd like to think NZ will beat GB by enough to finish top of Pool C but other than that I suspect you're on the money with your predicted results, giving us a Medal QF draw of:

Fiji v USA

NZ/ GB (1st Pool C) v France

GB/ NZ (2nd Pool C) v Argentina

South Africa v Japan

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Watching highlights of the Spain game - our defensive positioning and communication is shit.

The Boks will cut us to bits.

The replay of the women's final was still awesome tho ;)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Watching highlights of the Spain game - our defensive positioning and communication is shit.

The Boks will cut us to bits.

The replay of the women's final was still awesome tho ;)

Saying that, we could very well beat the Blitzboks. I've noticed that over the course of the last several tournament a bit of a mercurial nature to their play. Could just as likely as come out firing against SA as they are sluggish.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Aussie's win to take second and qualify. Standard made up for yesterday today. Two great tackles and ruck pressure to finish the game off across the last couple of minutes

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well, not too many saw that coming, me included. Finally we played close to our best. I don't think that form will win us a medal, but we are still in with a shot.

macca84

Frank Row (1)
Aussie's win to take second and qualify. Standard made up for yesterday today. Two great tackles and ruck pressure to finish the game off across the last couple of minutes

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Do we though? World Rugby site and google have us in 3rd place as our points diff is worse than the french. think the commentator got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.