• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rising v Rays, 24 August @ AAMI park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think his first name is Meli.
This guy?

f3f9dab74b29cbe8d0ed36dc865c5bf0.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Local via South Africa. If they wanted an impressive local athlete surely somebody like Brenden Westney, or Jack Porritt would have been better.

I know I am probably a little biased being a Uni man but both these two are impressive in their own ways (Westney athletically, Jack more so his hard nosed play) and are genuine locals.

Personally I would have fucked all 3 of them off and taken Ryan O'Sullivan though.

I rate Jack Porritt very highly, but surely very very raw at this level.. Didn't think he was ever in contention for a rising squad spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

He wasn't, since he was never in the original squad.

I just mean if that's what they are going for with Rolleston (which credit to enforcer is the best justification for him being there), somebody like Brenden or Jack would be better as they are equally as good if not better already, younger and both physically impressive.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He wasn't, since he was never in the original squad.

I just mean if that's what they are going for with Rolleston (which credit to enforcer is the best justification for him being there), somebody like Brenden or Jack would be better as they are equally as good if not better already, younger and both physically impressive.
Also Sully is in the squad yeah - he must be close to the 23?

T

Train Without a Station

No he was cut from the squad. If ever there was a club player who could step up to that level he is one. Good skills, tough as nails and smart. Not the quickest bloke in the world but a quality hard nosed loosie.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Damn that's a real shame, I swear he was picked up. He's the toughest bastard I know who hasn't been to the gym

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
I'll be at the game. Was going to post updates on here but it looks like the Rebels will be doing live audio through their website.

T

Train Without a Station

Certainly is. Down at Uni we always had a good laugh about the shape he was in physically but he was still front of the pack for fitness drills and one of the best hitters on the park.

Could only imagine what he could do with a bit of professional guidance in strength and conditioning.

Hopefully they give him a look in next year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Given Uni finished 7th in the Dewar Shield I find it pretty hard to believe they have 2 or 3 back rowers worth considering for Rising selection. 1 sure, but 2 or 3?

Then again, if EHills has 2 players in the squad then maybe I'm wrong.

T

Train Without a Station

Yes fair call.

Brenden and Jack never played together and only played a handful of games between them. Due to Jack playing colts and Brenden having an illness. Thought I thought considering he was training with the Rebels all summer they may have ignored the fact he missed most of the season.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah losing to House twice was a big disappointment which caused the season to be more disappointing than it would have.

My only issue with the selections is they just picked the typical big boppers who couldn't crack it at the higher level and go ok in Dewar Shield being bigger and playing in big packs. I think without that advantage of being bigger in a big pack these guys won't be the ones able to deliver.

T

Train Without a Station

Oh and my involvement in 2014 has been getting drunk and shouting abuse at the odd home game.

T

Train Without a Station

Unfortunately the team floated between having a shitload of depth and having 1st graders playing 2nds when Jeffries and Faulau were available to having about 3 blokes in their position injured the weeks they weren't available and having to field a couple of guys that really shouldn't have been playing firsts. That was what happened the first Powerhouse game.

The second one in the last round was just a dud performance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.