• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rougeries's eye gouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Ouch. That is pretty bloody filthy from Rougerie. I know McCaw said he didn't want to lay a complaint, but Rougerie is bloody lucky.

He could have gotten 6 months to a year for that sort of shit.

For those of you who haven't seen the footage from Reunion, it will no doubt be all over youtube soon. Pretty sickening stuff.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
That doesn't look very pretty. Think the AB's had a responsibilty to site that. No place for it in the game

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
It looks bad. I thought McCaw pointed it out to Joubert during the game as there was a ruck where he approached joubert pointing at his eye.

Judging by similar incidents earlier in the cup, Rougerie won't be cited.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
It looks bad. I thought McCaw pointed it out to Joubert during the game as there was a ruck where he approached joubert pointing at his eye.

Judging by similar incidents earlier in the cup, Rougerie won't be cited.
Yip, the window for a citing has now passed

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Doubt it would be 6 months, Ghiraldini got 15 weeks, but totally unacceptable.

But then so was Burgers on Pocock. And how did Kepu cop that eye he got in the semi? Do the citing commission actually do anything if no complaint is laid, you'd be forgiven for thinking no.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure Al, I understood there was citing commissioner who watched games and then made decision, no team needs to cite, and hardly ever do.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So we have one team knocked out partly because of red card against a lifting tackle gone wrong (intentional tackle but not intentional hurting of the player, while the likes of rougerie and burger get off Scott free with attempted eye gouges that are intended to maim.

What sort of message is being sent here?

I seriously think that if warburton deserves 3 weeks then rougerie deserves 6 months and burger should never play again (due to past indiscretions).

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
OMG someone touched Sir Richie other than QC (Quade Cooper) (ignoring the no10 who might of hurt his knee with his head when Super Rugby barged into to form a ruck - obviously completely off his feet @ 946 and the offending player was rolling away and Jourbert didn't stop play for the injured player as he did for the nz's in the 2nd half) wonder if this will deflect any interest (boo's) for QC (Quade Cooper)?

And no I don't condone the eye gouging but when the refs obviously not looking at the ruck, like wtf is Richie doing there in the first place? people are going to do stupid stuff - Bryce and Burger as has been pointed out above come to mind

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Why is it left up to sides to report these issues? If someone is caught they should be dealt with.

But yeah bit rich of McCaw to let this go after siting Cooper. Double standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.