• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rougeries's eye gouge

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

Why is it left up to sides to report these issues? If someone is caught they should be dealt with.

But yeah bit rich of McCaw to let this go after siting Cooper. Double standards?

I think the role of teams in citing players is largely over-stated. It's mostly the citing officer doing it off his own endeavors.

J

Jay

Jourbert didn't stop play for the injured player as he did for the nz's in the 2nd half)

A lot of people have noted this and it's kind of misguided.

Cruden, and then McCaw, were injured right beside where a scrum was to be packed down. They couldn't play on with them lying in what would effectively be an offside position. In the case of Parra, and the player who was injured when Joubert blew the free kick for time wasting, it was a lineout 20-30 metres away from where the injured player was.

Personally, I think the Parra call was wrong as the play ended up where he was after a clearing kick, but that doesn't mean Joubert's decision in those matters were actually inconsistent.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No case to answer. If McCaw wants to wear his invisibility cloak, then he is going to cop fingers in the eye, knees in the head, smacks in the back of the head, stomping on his foot and headbutts to his knee. Harry Potter found trouble when wearing his invisibility cloak, so does Sir Richie.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
No case to answer. If McCaw wants to wear his invisibility cloak, then he is going to cop fingers in the eye, knees in the head, smacks in the back of the head, stomping on his foot and headbutts to his knee. Harry Potter found trouble when wearing his invisibility cloak, so does Sir Richie.

I accept most of that, but I don't accept copping fingers in the eye.

There is a limit & a line & if you don't think fingers in the eye is beyond this limit, then you have no place on a rugby field.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

ehh...

i sure don't feel sorry for McCaw (particularly because his knee actually forced Parra off whereas he was able to play the full 80)

But I sure don't condone Rougerie's conduct either and I think there is definitely a case to answer

J

Jay

ehh...

i sure don't feel sorry for McCaw (particularly because his knee actually forced Parra off whereas he was able to play the full 80)

But I sure don't condone Rougerie's conduct either and I think there is definitely a case to answer

Parra copped a heavy knock immediately prior to that McCaw knee when he tackled Nonu.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
A lot of people have noted this and it's kind of misguided.

Cruden, and then McCaw, were injured right beside where a scrum was to be packed down. They couldn't play on with them lying in what would effectively be an offside position. In the case of Parra, and the player who was injured when Joubert blew the free kick for time wasting, it was a lineout 20-30 metres away from where the injured player was.

Personally, I think the Parra call was wrong as the play ended up where he was after a clearing kick, but that doesn't mean Joubert's decision in those matters were actually inconsistent.

Having a look at the replay replay it's not Richie's knee that does the initial damage but his fist ... and then his knee

After the line out @ 1103 when Richie is playing the ball off his feet, Joubert could of pulled up play because of slow ball and called a scrum or if he wasn't doing a bryce blown a penalty and stopped play going anywhere near the injured player ...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So undoubtedly you'd be happy for Pocock to cop an eye gouge because he was on the wrong side, or Captain Horwill who has a habit of falling in the wrong place sometimes?
Ridiculous post.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i like that a team gets involved, i was chatting to some of the tahs staff a couple of years back and they said after the citing officer sees something he rings (or used to) the team and asks them if they want to see it through. It allows things to be left on the field if the players are moved on and i think its great.

however stuff like this has no place in the game and only leaves a bad image/taste in the mouth. If richie is offside it is up to the ref to get him out not illegal tactics.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
The good side for kiwis is that now I'm not sure French teams in Top 14 will try to hire McCaw in their side.
The guy won't be really welcome here and I'm pretty happy with that.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
The good side for kiwis is that now I'm not sure French teams in Top 14 will try to hire McCaw in their side.
The guy won't be really welcome here and I'm pretty happy with that.

ha ha. You are hilarious buddy.

F

François

McCaw is New Zealand's greatest ever rugby legend. But in many other parts of the world he is sadly known as McCheat. I think he is an immense player but he does get away with a lot, and from time to time the players on the opposite team will try and do something themselves, if the ref doesn't. As long as it is in good spirit (you hurt him, you don't injure him), that's fine by me.

Anyway Pocock is the greatest of all time. True story.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Mc Caw is not complaining or blaming anyone, if he can let it go, so should we. It was a fairly torrid and desperate last quarter.

B

Blob

Everyone wished they had McCaw in their national team. His performance in the the world cup with everything taken into consideration (the injuries to himself, losing 3 fly halves, the pressure, the physical toll) was nothing short of miraculous. The haters can get lost as can the idiots trying to defend eye gouging.

Status
Not open for further replies.