• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 16 - Reds vs Waratahs - Saturday 2 June - 7:45pm @ Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play NSW Waratahs
7:45pm AEST, Saturday 2 June – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham (C) - Wests
9. Moses Sorovi – Wests (run-on debut)
10. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
11. Jordan Petaia – Wests
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Izaia Perese – Easts
15. Jono Lance – University of Queensland

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
18. Ruan Smith – GPS
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Caleb Timu – Souths
21. Liam Wright – Easts
22. Ben Lucas – Sunnybank
23. Jayden Ngamanu – Souths

It's interesting that Thorn has finally decided to swap Lance and Stewart over, and for this game especially. The selection of Sorovi at 9 is a good one but high pressure game to be given your starting debut. Curious as to what has happened to Tuttle and McDermott - they seemed to be the 9's at the start of the season and now they have dropped completely from view. Has Lucas been that good?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I know it's no longer considered acceptable but how good would an actual punch on be to watch? Good fun is what i reckon.

A full-on stink would be top notch.

There was a bit of argy bargy (push & shove) in the corresponding fixture at suncorp last year.

The last decent fight I remember at a Super Rugby game was reds v rebels in 2013 (in Brisbane) where Beau Robinson landed a couple on Fugistaller.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It's interesting that Thorn has finally decided to swap Lance and Stewart over, and for this game especially. The selection of Sorovi at 9 is a good one but high pressure game to be given your starting debut. Curious as to what has happened to Tuttle and McDermott - they seemed to be the 9's at the start of the season and now they have dropped completely from view. Has Lucas been that good?
McDermott is with the Australian u20s.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

It would seem that - at last - B Thorn has realised that the Lucas and Lance combo offers neither success, nor development, nor longevity (in that Lance will soon be gone).

Better late than never.

Reactions: TSR

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
It would seem that - at last - B Thorn has realised that the Lucas and Lance combo offers neither success, nor development, nor longevity (in that Lance will soon be gone).

Better late than never.

I did hear some rumblings that this was always 'the plan', not sure if this exact game or more generally play him at fullback for a bit and then move him to 10, unless forced by injury.

Also Kerevi might just ensure he's the starting Wallabies 12 by destroying Beale!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I did hear some rumblings that this was always 'the plan', not sure if this exact game or more generally play him at fullback for a bit and then move him to 10, unless forced by injury.

Also Kerevi might just ensure he's the starting Wallabies 12 by destroying Beale!

I would hope with what, 4 wins from 12 games (and with those 4 wins markedly biassed to the early season), B Thorn might have thought it was a good time to 'advance forward the plan'.....if indeed it was 'the plan'.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
^^^ or at least swap them mid game,to give him a taste.

Don't disagree at all, frankly I would have gone with Stewart for at least 20 min off the bench, as well as shifting one of our wingers to fullback for 20 min or so. But someone who would know indicated this was planned, but I have little context surrounding this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A full-on stink would be top notch.

There was a bit of argy bargy (push & shove) in the corresponding fixture at suncorp last year.

The last decent fight I remember at a Super Rugby game was reds v rebels in 2013 (in Brisbane) where Beau Robinson landed a couple on Fugistaller.

Much as I think most games are improved by some biff, it’s been so long between drinks that a red v tahs stink would probably only show how far we’ve slipped in the biff stakes.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Righto - enough talk about the Refs. Looking forward to this. Ready for an old fashion hate feast.

I know people are counting Qld as the under dogs, but that’s the way we love it against this fancy pants spivs. When it comes down to it, we know they have no ticker. Dempsey & Hanigan aren’t even fronting up, and Phil Waugh has done nothing for years. What a fucking pretender. Things are so bad down there they are playing centres at flanker and powder puffs in the second row.

Reds to win with a Mark Coyne try on the buzzer.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Righto - enough talk about the Refs. Looking forward to this. Ready for an old fashion hate feast.

I know people are counting Qld as the under dogs, but that’s the way we love it against this fancy pants spivs. When it comes down to it, we know they have no ticker. Dempsey & Hanigan aren’t even fronting up, and Phil Waugh has done nothing for years. What a fucking pretender. Things are so bad down there they are playing centres at flanker and powder puffs in the second row.

Reds to win with a Mark Coyne try on the buzzer.

A bit conflicting because you want the sides to try and kill each other but at the same time you don't want anyone getting injured.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Look - they way this rivalry shit works is that I act like an obnoxiuous arse and you guys with a flower in the corner feed it back. Save the touchy, feely shit for next week.

I mean you can’t all be fucking accountants.

Status
Not open for further replies.