• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 18 - Reds Vs Rebels - Jul 6, 7.45PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Reds V Rebels
Jul 6, 7.45PM
Suncorp Stadium

After literally throwing away last week's game this one becomes do or die for the Rebels. Reds will be equally as keen to win to restore some pride and to try and avoid the wooden spoon.

No Genia or Coleman for the Rebels, Reds will be without Kerevi.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep and I guess I will be there again!! I sometimes wonder why I, as a one eyed kiwi rugby supporter keep going into games to support the Reds (when they not playing NZ team then perhaps not;)) and I generally leave as frustrated with Qld rugby as when I arrived!! It is hard being a rugby tragic sometimes!

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Yep and I guess I will be there again!! I sometimes wonder why I, as a one eyed kiwi rugby supporter keep going into games to support the Reds (when they not playing NZ team then perhaps not;)) and I generally leave as frustrated with Qld rugby as when I arrived!! It is hard being a rugby tragic sometimes!
Sick of the Reds? You're more than welcome to support the Rebels!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'll go. Again.

I just hope that a decent game of rugby accidentally occurs somehow.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This will be a very interesting game for the reds. Will they blood the youngsters as it was in the internal club trial in Feb?

IMO, forward pack will be the same with only one change and a few changes in the backs.
  1. JP Smith
  2. B Amosa
  3. T Tupou
  4. I. Rodda/Tui
  5. H. Hockings
  6. L Tui/S Higginbottom/ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
  7. Smith/L. Wright
  8. C. Timu/S.Higginbottom/ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
  9. M. SOrovi/T McDermott
  10. H. Stewart
  11. Nabuli
  12. D.Paiaua
  13. J. Petaia
  14. F. Daukunu
  15. A.Toua/ J Ngamanu

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Reds team to host the Rebels
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Caleb Timu – Souths
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham (C) - Wests
9. Moses Sorovi – Wests
10. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
11. Eto Nabuli – Souths
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Jordan Petaia – Wests
14. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
15. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
Reserves

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Ruan Smith – GPS
19. Lukhan Tui – Souths
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Teti Tela – Souths (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
23. Aidan Toua – Easts

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Reds team to host the Rebels
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Caleb Timu – Souths
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham (C) - Wests
9. Moses Sorovi – Wests
10. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
11. Eto Nabuli – Souths
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Jordan Petaia – Wests
14. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
15. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
Reserves

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Ruan Smith – GPS
19. Lukhan Tui – Souths
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Teti Tela – Souths (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
23. Aidan Toua – Easts

Where'd you get this? Are you guys surprised that Ngamanu/Jooste/Maranta aren't involved somehow?

Also, what have Tuttle, Fa'agase and Korcyzk done wrong to fall of the face of the earth?

Add those 3, plus Ready, Frisby, Cooper, Hunt, Slipper, Blyth & Hockings, to the mix and you guys have a good squad which would be capable of beating a lot of teams on their day...

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Where'd you get this? Are you guys surprised that Ngamanu/Jooste/Maranta aren't involved somehow?

Also, what have Tuttle, Fa'agase and Korcyzk done wrong to fall of the face of the earth?

Add those 3, plus Ready, Frisby, Cooper, Hunt, Slipper, Blyth & Hockings, to the mix and you guys have a good squad which would be capable of beating a lot of teams on their day.

It's published on the Reds website. How Nabuli gets selected is beyond me. I would have rather seen Ngamanu who has looked okay when he has played or Toua played on the wing. Clearly we are still selecting the guys who are leaving rather than get decent experience into those who are staying. Interesting to see if Tela gets much time, he played in the pre season trial match but hasn't been sighted since then. Is Jooste even still around, he was in the trials too, then invisible.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Add those 3, plus Ready, Frisby, Cooper, Hunt, Slipper, Blyth & Hockings, to the mix and you guys have a good squad which would be capable of beating a lot of teams on their day.

not surprised that Ngamanu, Jooste or Maranta aren't picked and am happy they are not. None are Super Rugby quality at the moment in my eyes.

No real fall from grace for Fa'agase. He's featured 9 times this year, all of the bench, including the last four games prior to the break. He hasn't stepped up I'm afraid.

Korcyzk is a grafter who has had good moments but hard to argue he should be picked above ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Tui, Timu, Smith, Wright, Higgers.

Tuttle is the mystery for me. I'd have him in the squad and usually starting.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
not surprised that Ngamanu, Jooste or Maranta aren't picked and am happy they are not. None are Super Rugby quality at the moment in my eyes.

No real fall from grace for Fa'agase. He's featured 9 times this year, all of the bench, including the last four games prior to the break. He hasn't stepped up I'm afraid.

Korcyzk is a grafter who has had good moments but hard to argue he should be picked above ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Tui, Timu, Smith, Wright, Higgers.

Tuttle is the mystery for me. I'd have him in the squad and usually starting.

Thanks Reg, good analysis. I too am confused about Tuttle, particularly as he seemed like a leader. Is there any chance he plays a little 10 moving forward, with Jonno leaving at the end of the year? Was only 4 months ago that he extended until end of 2019

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Thorn has confused me most of the year.

Lots of shit selections often unexplainable to most.

Have gone from supporting the bloke early but he hasn't learnt to coach.

He's a coaching lemon. Think Richard Graham has a better or similar winning record and didn't he cop plenty.

That's the reality !

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks Reg, good analysis. I too am confused about Tuttle, particularly as he seemed like a leader. Is there any chance he plays a little 10 moving forward, with Jonno leaving at the end of the year? Was only 4 months ago that he extended until end of 2019

I guess 10 is an option (think he played it at school???) and he has spent some time there at club land.

I just like what the Tuttle Stewart combo did at NRC and would like to see it given a chance at Super Rugby, with respect to Sorovi who could be a great impact off the bench.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I've seen Tuttle play a few club games and he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Plus he was draining conversions from the sideline.....not that club form means anything these days it seems.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Tuttle lost his job to McDermott who lost his job to Lucas who lost his job to Sorovi.

I really thought McDermott was a chance to start this week as he looked like the better halfback last week to sorovi who wasn’t getting good protection at the rucks.

The halfback position been the most rotated spot in this reds roster. Tuttle will get his fair share of chances in the future. He just signed a contract extension with the Reds at start of the season. I don’t know the contract situation with Sorovi or McDermott.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
I’ve heard from a friend at GPS that Tuttle has been told he won’t play for the Reds again. Take that as you will, but his form certainly hasn’t been bad enough to be ostracised as he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels team pretty much as expected.

Melbourne Rebels team v Queensland Reds on Friday 6 July, 2018 at Brisbane, Australia:
1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Matt Philip
5. Geoff Parling (v/capt)
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Michael Ruru
10. Reece Hodge
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Billy Meakes
13. Tom English (capt)
14. Jack Maddocks
15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
16. Nathan Charles
17. Fereti Sa’aga
18. Sam Talakai
19. Ross Haylett-Petty
20. Richard Hardwick
21. Harrison Goddard
22. Jack Debreczeni
23. Sefa Naivalu

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ve heard from a friend at GPS that Tuttle has been told he won’t play for the Reds again. Take that as you will, but his form certainly hasn’t been bad enough to be ostracised as he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am truly amazed if that is true Mr T, though mate and I have asked each other time and again where he is, and what he has done! I really worry about the idea of bringing young fellas into the team, and then not showing faith in them. I thought the whole idea of the pain of putting these young un's in was to get a future team, not just throw them in the tip when it doesn't work early, isn't that what coaching is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.