• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Lions v Waratahs, Sun 5th Mar 00:05 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whilst I am a fan of Pimones skills, I am skeptical he has the playmaking string in his bow to be able to act as a link between hegarty and folau. Either Foley can make enough of a difference by himself when he is back, or they need to look at Horne or Horwitz for 12 with Pimone providing impact off the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The S and P keys aren't even close together on the keyboard...

Irae Simone.

That was a tough game first up in the wet but I do think he will be an outstanding player. I think he'll keep the 12 jersey all season and do a great job there.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
For mine, Horne was the best back last week.

Folau was heavily marked and put under pressure. I think all teams will do that from now on to negate Israel's running game

Big ask for the Tahs, playing against the Lions and in Africa.

Heart says Tahs, head says Lions (by12)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For mine, Horne was the best back last week.

Agreed. He made some good runs, defended well as always and chased kicks hard.

His workrate is always excellent.

Impressive given that I'm pretty sure this was his first game of rugby since August 2016 when he got injured in the Bledisloe Cup match.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Match Officials:

Referee: Jaco van Heerden
AR1: Quinton Immelman
AR2: Stuart Berry
TMO: Johan Greeff

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
wow yeh not sure what happened there! pimone... more lion king then waratah. Hope he does shine, in a way that compliments folau

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The backline should remain unchanged. The worst performance in that backline came from Folau and we all know he won't be dropped.

Wells at 8 should be questioned, though i don't know if we have an alternative?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wells at 8 should be questioned, though i don't know if we have an alternative?

With Holloway still out and Wilkin gone for the season, Wells will certainly stay there.

I am not sure exactly who else joined the tour aside from Bernard Foley and Cam Clark but I know Hanigan also stayed in Sydney with an injury.

Presumably they have taken a couple of extra players (particularly forwards) although I am not sure who. I would guess that Ryan McCauley went as he is about the last contracted forward standing who wasn't in the matchday 23 against the Force.

They could have taken Jameson Shultz as another backrower.

will2shy

Stan Wickham (3)
I am not sure exactly who else joined the tour aside from Bernard Foley and Cam Clark but I know Hanigan also stayed in Sydney with an injury.

Presumably they have taken a couple of extra players (particularly forwards) although I am not sure who. I would guess that Ryan McCauley went as he is about the last contracted forward standing who wasn't in the matchday 23 against the Force.

They could have taken Jameson Shultz as another backrower.[/quote]

According to this article Damien Fitzpatrick and Maclean Jones were added http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/ac429e994d2406ba4dc27fbbf40d859d

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maclean Jones doesn't add anything that Wells doesn't..Wells is probably better anyway. If a different profile is on the books, without a big no.8....

could start mcduling, shift mumm to 6 and dempsey to 8 with toleafoa and wells off the bench.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
This is the squad they took:

Andrew Kellaway
Bernard Foley
Bryce Hegarty
Cam Clark
Damien Fitzpatrick
David Horwitz
David Lolohea
David McDuling
Dean Mumm
Hugh Roach
Irae Simone
Israel Folau
Jack Dempsey
Maclean Jones
Matt Lucas
Michael Hooper (C)
Michael Wells
Nick Phipps
Paddy Ryan
Reece Robinson
Rob Horne
Sekope Kepu
Taqele Naiyaravoro
Tolu Latu
Tom Robertson
Will Skelton
Senio Toleafo

T

TOCC

1 LOOSEHEAD PROP Tom Robertson
2 HOOKER Tolu Latu
3 TIGHTHEAD PROP Sekope Kepu
4 LEFT LOCK Dean Mumm
5 RIGHT LOCK Will Skelton
6 LEFT FLANKER Jack Dempsey
7 RIGHT FLANKER Michael Hooper (C)
8 NUMBER EIGHT Michael Wells
9 SCRUMHALF Nick Phipps
10 FLYHALF Bryce Hegarty
11 LEFT WING Rob Horne
12 INSIDE CENTRE Irae Simone
13 OUTSIDE CENTRE Israel Folau
14 RIGHT WING Reece Robinson
15 FULLBACK Andrew Kellaway

REPLACEMENTS:
16. RESERVE Hugh Roach
17. RESERVE Paddy Ryan
18. RESERVE David Lolohea
19. RESERVE David McDuling
20. RESERVE Senio Toleafoa
21. RESERVE Matt Lucas
22. RESERVE David Horwitz
23. RESERVE Taqele Naiyaravor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Fox are reporting Wilkin on the bench in place of Toleafoa. I thought Wilkin didn't make the plane. Tahs site says Toleafoa. Anybody have the good oil?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
A little concerned about no Foley this week. Hegarty didn't seem to be able to bring Simone and Folau into the game at all last week. Let's hope it was just the conditions and a few first game jitters!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Give Hegarty time. He played bloody well in the trials, he just has to find feet in the five-eight's jumper. If I'm allowed to mix metaphors.

Status
Not open for further replies.