• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Rebels v Chiefs, Fri 17th March @7:45pm - AAMI Park Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
How on earth are the Rebels meant to play this game? Two tough loses and than have no clue if they have a job next year. Great way to start the season against 3 Kiwi teams.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
How on earth are the Rebels meant to play this game? Two tough loses and than have no clue if they have a job next year. Great way to start the season against 3 Kiwi teams.

They are professionals. They should do what they are paid to do. What on earth are you talking about? Tea and sympathy?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I know the Rebel Army is long dead but Friday's game would be an ideal time to unfurl a banner telling the ARU and SANZAR to keep their filthy lily-livered spineless hands off the Rebels.

At the very least you'd get your mugs on Foxsports.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Don't think anyone would seriously doubt which team will win the match.

The only question is: By how much ?

0 - 15 Good performance based on previous 2 games
16 - 30 Probably a fair performance in the circumstances
31 - 100 Fucking horrible as most have come to expect.

Just hope the boys dig in and leave nothing in the dressing room.

Rebel supporters deserve that at the very least !

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
teams up
Melbourne Rebels team for Round 4 v Chiefs:
1. Fereti Sa’aga
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Culum Retallick
5. Steve Cummins
6. Jordy Reid
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Jackson Garden-Bachop
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Reece Hodge
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Jack Debreczeni

Reserves
16. Pat Leafa
17. Cruze Ah-Nau
18. Tyrel Lomax
19. Murray Douglas^*
20. Jake Schatz
21. Ben Meehan
22. Sione Tuipulotu
23. Ben Volavola

^Super Rugby debut
*Rebels debut

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see the Chiefs giving Damian McKenzie a run at 10, going to bench. Will be very interested to see how Stevenson goes at 15 for whole game.

Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Solomon Alaimalo, Stephen Donald, Damian McKenzie, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Liam Messam, Sam Cane, Tom Sanders, Brodie Retallick, Dominic Bird, Nepo Laulala, Sabastian Siataga, Kane Hames. Reserves: Hika Elliot, Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, Atu Moli, Mitchell Brown, Mitchell Karpik, Finlay Christie, Aaron Cruden (co-captain), Johnny Faauli.
Pretty inexperienced backline.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Congratulations to Fereti, great effort on getting his starting debut, but man tough one to get in. I wish him all the luck but I fear a very tough and penalty filled night for him.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Why did TT sign Volavola if he can't get a start over JGB after the performances he has put in. If the kid has the upside TT sees he is going to be ruined forever after this week. You can't just keep feeding young players to the wolves and expect them to turn it around. This sort of crap destroys careers.

I wish I could trust he was just trying to shield Debs and Volavola for another week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
This week was the ideal time to blood McGregor with the U20s having the week off.

Not saying, start him, or even give him more than 10 minutes, just saying, given neither JGB or Volavola is likely to be here next year, I'd vastly prefer him and one over both when he's not playing 80 minutes for the Juniors.

Otherwise, given availability, I'd have started Schatz because of the issues Jordy has had in the wide channels but that's more or less best available.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know the Rebel Army is long dead but Friday's game would be an ideal time to unfurl a banner telling the ARU and SANZAR to keep their filthy lily-livered spineless hands off the Rebels.

What happened there anyway. Did they loose momentum or just fracture? There was such a big deal made of them.

It would be an opportune time for someone to resurrect them.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They are professionals. They should do what they are paid to do. What on earth are you talking about? Tea and sympathy?

Ah yes of course. I forgot professional = robot. After all they are basically accountants, zero emotional investment in what they do.
What on earth are you talking about?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
What happened there anyway. Did they loose momentum or just fracture? There was such a big deal made of them.

It would be an opportune time for someone to resurrect them.
Difference in ideas, some wanted like a soccer style and some just wanted to enjoy the rugby.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to see Fereti start. A very promising athlete, and much beloved local who captained many rep sides.
Otherwise, given availability, I'd have started Schatz because of the issues Jordy has had in the wide channels but that's more or less best available.

Wouldn't be surprised if they run Mafi/Fainga'a in the wide roles and Jordy in the middle channel.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Difference in ideas, some wanted like a soccer style and some just wanted to enjoy the rugby.

Interesting, do you mean that some wanted chants, drums, etc., and others just wanted to do what rugby fans do - sit and watch?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Interesting, do you mean that some wanted chants, drums, etc., and others just wanted to do what rugby fans do - sit and watch?
Yep, their was a divide and unfortugently the guys who stayed were not the heart of the Army. Was the other guys who did all the work.

I never sat with them, but know most of the original organises. Same guy copped a ban on here from a curtain rebel admin who should not be an admin and never came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.