• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Rebels v Chiefs, Fri 17th March @7:45pm - AAMI Park Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I'm officially on the Rebels bandwagon for the next 25 minutes or so:

NZ CONFERENCE:
1. Crusaders 16
2. Chiefs 14
3. Hurricanes 10

The enemy of my enemy etc etc...........

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Referee rant warning: Waikato spent most of the first half with a player at the base of the ruck - on the Rebels' side. Someone should inform the referee that only applies when no ruck is formed.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
12 months ago I would have been pissed about that result. Now just relieved, but hopeful. With a full list I think we would have pinched that. Bring on the tahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Much happier.

Who knows what would have happened if Hika Elliott had been correctly red carded.

Not great by any means, but if we can slowly but surely reintegrate quality players returning from injury, we shouldn't have the same sort of results we had in the first two weeks.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Rebels showed some great ticker but really need to work on there passing skills. So close but so far away.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Rebels players look filthy too which gives further hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Stoff, I thought the Rebels played bloody well, but was pleased to see how pissed they were with the result, too easy for teams to be happy when they play well and lose! Chiefs certainly deserved to win in the end, but I was pleased for the Rebel's supporters that bothered to turn up that their team gave it bloody everything! I certainly think Rebels deserved a bonus losing point, but sport at times is a little unfair.
By geez that Colby Fainga'a left nothing out there!

M

Moono75

Quintisential NZ rugby. Contest can be close for 90% of the game but just like Ali v Foreman, they come out with a late flurry to deliver the knockout rope a dope style.

Some better signs for the Rebels and first game off the bye can be tricky. I'm sure they will get back into the rythem and be better for the run, plus some players to come back into the team over the next few weeks will help.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done, Rebels! You have been competitive for about 70 minutes. It's a step up in your performance. You can lose against one of the best NZ sides but if you play hard, you deserve respect. This is what I want to see of Aussie sides against Kiwis

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Pat bloody Leafa! Stupid penalty at the death.

I thought that was a good performance, all things considered. Line out is still rubbish, scrum-half and 5/8 can't pass on both sides and Marika is still learning, but a much better performance.

Huge props to Mafi and Fainga'a, both left zilch on the park. Very impressed.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Final point before logging off.

I thought Fereti was fantastic for a lad in his first start. Long hard shift, and didn't get much opportunity to run, but tackled like a demon and ably held up his side of the scrum.

Hopefully that'll encourage the staff to put more faith in the young locals for the future, albeit we are getting better at that with Sione and Rob already.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
At least last game is of.enough quality to watch for nearly 80 minutes. Something to build from

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I'm officially on the Rebels bandwagon for the next 25 minutes or so:

NZ CONFERENCE:
1. Crusaders 16
2. Chiefs 14
3. Hurricanes 10

The enemy of my enemy etc etc.....

You're dead to me now, Rebels!

NZ CONFERENCE:

1. Chiefs 19
2. Crusaders 16
3. Hurricanes 10-15 depending on result & margin v Clan tonight.

Chiefs looking scary good, 19 points from a possible 20 going into their bye. Should grabbed me a screen shot of that points table during the brief period of its' existence................

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You're dead to me now, Rebels!

NZ CONFERENCE:

1. Chiefs 19
2. Crusaders 16
3. Hurricanes 10-15 depending on result & margin v Clan tonight.

Chiefs looking scary good, 19 points from a possible 20 going into their bye. Should grabbed me a screen shot of that points table during the brief period of its' existence......

Geez you bloody Crusaders lot, wanting everyone else to do the beating for you;). But you right about the Chiefs looking good WOB, and here was me telling my family that live in Hamilton/Cambridge that I could see them coming last in NZ conference:oops:. Still I not due back over home for a little while so ........

Status
Not open for further replies.