• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Rebels v Chiefs, Fri 17th March @7:45pm - AAMI Park Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can we not get any luck, ffs Timani out now.

The conditioning program needs to be looked at, it's bordering on ridiculous now the amount of injuries.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Can we not get any luck, ffs Timani out now.

The conditioning program needs to be looked at, it's bordering on ridiculous now the amount of injuries.
I know that there's a need to train hard and, the way you train is the way you'll play, but jeebuz we seem to lose a lot of guys to training injuries. Murray Douglas must be the last lock still standing.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if the Rebels looked to give either of the U20s locks 5 minutes off the bench. It's their BYE week after all.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, their was a divide and unfortugently the guys who stayed were not the heart of the Army. Was the other guys who did all the work.

I never sat with them, but know most of the original organises. Same guy copped a ban on here from a curtain rebel admin who should not be an admin and never came back.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
From my brief research, it look like that have a semi-active facebook page with a fair few followers.

Wish they'd use the megaphone they have to say or do something on this issue and not just repost the odd article.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
From my brief research, it look like that have a semi-active facebook page with a fair few followers.

Wish they'd use the megaphone they have to say or do something on this issue and not just repost the odd article.
Thats the problem, the guy who did most of the organizing does not sit over there anymore.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Sounds very 'mean girls'.

Rugby politics, the precedent has already been set.

I'd suggest we haul out the Rebel Army banner in our section. Sadly, the Weary Dunlop members/guests might get pissed that we obstruct their view.

And they have power too; they took away the concrete edge that we used to rest our beers on (the bit between our seats and the WD section). Next thing, they'll ask me to tone down my "vigorous chanting". I'll just have to go back to tipping Beer on the feet of KevinO when we score a try.

</digression>

Anyway, back to the match thread.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Have done a comparison with the winning 2015 rebels team that defeated the chiefs, only 4 players will be playing again: Reid, Stirzaker, Debreczeni and Naivalu, with Fainga'a and English coming on from the bench. Timani, Inman and McMahan all played, but are off due to injury. So quite a different team - young players but some experience too and lots of talent with untapped potential if they are in the right mind set. Expect Rebels to aim to score early points - they seem to like to get a few penalties on the board to warm up, after that, am hoping for a good contest.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
teams up
Melbourne Rebels team for Round 4 v Chiefs:
1. Fereti Sa’aga
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Culum Retallick
5. Steve Cummins
6. Jordy Reid
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Jackson Garden-Bachop
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Reece Hodge
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Jack Debreczeni

Reserves
16. Pat Leafa
17. Cruze Ah-Nau
18. Tyrel Lomax
19. Murray Douglas^*
20. Jake Schatz
21. Ben Meehan
22. Sione Tuipulotu
23. Ben Volavola

^Super Rugby debut
*Rebels debut
Well I plan to give my support and start watching the game but whether I will be able to watch the 80minutes is another matter as I can't watch another repeat of their first two games.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Why did TT sign Volavola if he can't get a start over JGB after the performances he has put in. If the kid has the upside TT sees he is going to be ruined forever after this week. You can't just keep feeding young players to the wolves and expect them to turn it around. This sort of crap destroys careers.

I wish I could trust he was just trying to shield Debs and Volavola for another week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just asking why he signed volavola period. As not impressed in his last oz super rugby stint

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

N

NTT

Hopefully the bye week and a bit of soul searching will result in a much more competitive Rebels performance. I can't honestly see them beating the Chiefs though as confidence in the Chiefs side is very high at the moment. Also the Rebels 9/10 combo has been poor this year and with only limited options in these positions it will continue to be a headache for the Rebels.
Chiefs by 6

Status
Not open for further replies.