• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6 - Reds v Waratahs - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sheeesh the Dutch ruddering going on between the Tahs fans when they were up two players was hilarious.

You lot scored what 3 points that entire 25 minute period?

Some good phases they put together but no leadership where it counted at the halves level. Then absolutely way too soft defensively, the Reds were barely in your 15m red zone and just made easy metres.
2 areas where tahs lost the game..areas of improvement sure…

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Sheeesh the Dutch ruddering going on between the Tahs fans when they were up two players was hilarious.

You lot scored what 3 points that entire 25 minute period?

Some good phases they put together but no leadership where it counted at the halves level. Then absolutely way too soft defensively, the Reds were barely in your 15m red zone and just made easy metres.
Yeah, I noticed that. Tahs were fantastic when reds were full strength but fell asleep at the wheel when there were 2 in the bin. Sports/business psychology is an interesting topic, lots of case studies out there!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, I noticed that. Tahs were fantastic when reds were full strength but fell asleep at the wheel when there were 2 in the bin. Sports/business psychology is an interesting topic, lots of case studies out there!
They panicked and tried to get it all done at once rather than build pressure. They should have been easily able to extract penalty advantage after making breaks but failed to do so.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Why do all you lot call it a B team when your missing 2 or 3 players.
We had a number on the bench resting as well, the starting team was very different. Hooper back next week so a genuine ‘out’. Missing about 8 or 9 players from the run on side today and no coach. That is a huge difference when you are up against arguably the best AU side in Super Rugby.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think you should do the commentary dismal as presume it would be shortlived as producers quickly look to shut it down after your opening dialogue
None of this passive aggressive bollox, it would be so biased it would make your bloody head spin. It would also shatter the land speed record of invoking Godwin's law, occurring for the first time of many that afternoon roughly 3 seconds after kickoff.

There would also be a dizzying number of **EXTREMELY PROFANE** insults directed towards the cantabs, irrespective of whether they were participating in the match or not.

And all that is before Shiggers gets going.....

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
We had a number on the bench resting as well, the starting team was very different. Hooper back next week so a genuine ‘out’. Missing about 8 or 9 players from the run on side today and no coach. That is a huge difference when you are up against arguably the best AU side in Super Rugby.
I would give U 4. The rest are not good players. Gordan, Hanigan, Swinton etc. Average players.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bell, Donaldson and perese. That's about it. Hooper hasn't played sll year
Gordon…Bell, Williams, Douglas…turner,,Donaldson, Perese, swinton, all been in 23 this season…and then you have Holloway coming on from the bench in the second half…that is more then a couple of players…Maybe not B team but on paper much weaker 23 that exceeded expectations…

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The rest are not good players. Gordan, Hanigan, Swinton etc. Average players.
200.gif

Jesus, Shiggers.

You've just added about 4 pages to this thread with that.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Big props to the Tahs supporters finding the positives.

But an under 8s c-grade side would have scored more points against a 13 man Reds than they did. Electing to take the 3 during that period was a real turning point I think, gave the Reds some confidence to hold them out.

I like Thorn clearing the bench with 15 to go when the game is won. Obviously makes for a few interesting moments especially against the Drua, but he knows this is more than a 23 man game. Players need to feel confidence on the field and close games out and be ready whenever they are called upon.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I would give U 4. The rest are not good players. Gordan, Hanigan, Swinton etc. Average players.
That may well be your opinion, however they are starting players. That was your argument was it not? The facts are, the Waratahs were missing about 8 or 9 starters.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Gordon…Williams, Douglas…turner,,Donaldson, Perese, swinton, all been in 23 this season…and then you have bell and Holloway coming on from the bench in the second half…that is more then a couple of players…Maybe not B team but on paper much weaker 23 that exceeded expectations…
Bell did not play

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Big props to the Tahs supporters finding the positives.

But an under 8s c-grade side would have scored more points against a 13 man Reds than they did. Electing to take the 3 during that period was a real turning point I think, gave the Reds some confidence to hold them out.

I like Thorn clearing the bench with 15 to go when the game is won. Obviously makes for a few interesting moments especially against the Drua, but he knows this is more than a 23 man game. Players need to feel confidence on the field and close games out and be ready whenever they are called upon.
Tahs definitely should have scored at least 10 points when 2 off the field... I thought maybe an under 12 b side but under 8’s c ? Way too harsh!

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Like how the commentators talk positively about the losing side. Unless it's the force. Then they ignore them and only talk about what they did wrong.
Aussie rugby won't be great again until we work as one
Hey mate, I made a positive comment about Force's performance against Brumbies

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Gordon…Williams, Douglas…turner,,Donaldson, Perese, swinton, all been in 23 this season…and then you have bell and Holloway coming on from the bench in the second half…that is more then a couple of players…Maybe not B team but on paper much weaker 23 that exceeded expectations…
It's weaker than the so called reds B team lol.
Perese, Donaldson massive outs.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Don’t bother, Shiggins has a bee in his bonnet. Force are my second favourite team!
No bee. I'm just noticing it more and more. I'm the guy who tells the force fans on Facebook to not be so silly about the commentary. But it's become ridiculous. Don't want to hijack the thread mate. All good

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
All the parochialism aside i enjoyed the game. Great win for the Reds. the tahs showed some good fight, but they really lacked the a few experienced game breakers to take advantage of their advantage put hooper bell, gordan and donaldson back into this side and they probably win. The tahs looks a lot better than last year, but i think you really need those top class players to beat the elite sides, even with a man advantage...for the reds, they really showed they are stoll that elite side..they continue to win ugly (last week aside). At home they will be a handlful for any side

Status
Not open for further replies.