• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9: Waratahs v Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i agree that lucas should be on the pine over phipps. phipps needs a major kick up the arse and 2 weeks of non stop passing practice in front of running players should at least give him an inkling of what his job is.

definitely do not rate alphabet either. unless we're gonna retrain him as a forward.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've called DOCS.

We've even got baby earmuffs.

BLACK-Ems-4-Bubs-Black-Baby-Earmuffs-BlueWhite-NW-375x400.jpg

As there isn't much cheering at Waratahs games, they will mostly be to protect her ears from her father shouting at the Waratahs and/or the Hoff.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Gibson says in an interview that he is getting rid of the box kicks from the Tahs strategy. Its about time.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If nothing else, it is pleasing to know there is a strategy.

I thought the 2017 strategy has been pretty clear.

1. Be completely absent for the first 10-20 minutes of the game (amount of time depends how long it takes opposition to rack up a healthy lead).

2. Stage a comeback that will fall give fans hope for some brief moment in the second half that a win is on the cards only to fall short. *

* 3. Unless you're playing an Australian team in which case they probably haven't built up that big a lead and the comeback might actually be successful.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Kings

15 Masixole Banda, 14 Wandile Mjekevu, 13 Berton Klaasen, 12 Luzuko Vulindlu, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Lionel Cronje (captain), 9 Louis Schreuder

8 Andisa Ntsila, 7 Tyler Paul, 6 Chris Cloete, 5 Wilhelm van der Sluys, 4 Irne Herbst, 3 Ross Geldenhuys, 2 Michael Willemse, 1 Justin Forwood

Substitutes:16 Kurt Haupt, 17 Schalk van der Merwe, 18 Dayan van der Westhuizen, 19 Mzwanele Zito, 20 Ruaan Lerm/Martin Bezuidenhout, 21 Johan Steyn, 22 Stokkies Hanekom, 23 Pieter-Steyn de Wet.

Jaer, who scored the hat-trick in Perth, and was absent in Brisbane, is still not right.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gibson says in an interview that he is getting rid of the box kicks from the Tahs strategy. Its about time.

I must be in the minority, but I think Gordon's box kicking is quite good. The chase maybe fractured, but it is a good tool to have

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hey lads - I've got 10 free tickets going if anyone wants them. Nobody at my club can make it. Gold section, can email.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Pfitzy - at least there will be several more bums on seats as opposed to 10 vacant seats. We (all Aussie teams) need all the support we can get.

Originally I thought that after your generous gesture you would have been left holding 20 tickets.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.