• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
"seven iconic global destinations"

fixed
Harsh, Reg. :) It has its own charms and some decent vistas, to be sure.

The 'global icon' blurb is just there to 'zhoosh up' the announcement brought to you by HSBC...

We're only talking about rugby sevens venues here. Plenty of places on that guesstimate list have genuine shit-hole areas, but Auckland isn't at the bottom of it.

I prefer to target my Trans-Tasman barbs at RA getting too far into bed with NZR long term. That won't end well. But a WR (World Rugby) Sevens event in NZ? No probs!

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Couple of interesting results in the 1/4 finals of the world school 7's, Our boys went down to the Asian dragons & the ab's 7's girls lost to Japan. On a brighter note for us I dont think our girls have been scored against yet! The Two blues are also into the girls semi's

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Do we know they exact teams?

I'd be a fan of having all 5 Super Rugby franchises then an RA team called the Barbarians or something for the overflow from NSW/QLD and the SA, NT, TAS players.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member

I'd be a fan of having all 5 Super Rugby franchises then an Rugby Australia team called the Barbarians or something for the overflow from NSW/QLD and the SA, NT, TAS players.
Last year it was just NSW v QLD over 4 Rounds.

These were the teams from the Final round on the Gold Coast

Queensland

Kaitlin Shave (c), Ivana Lolesio, Caitlin Urwin, Tayla Sykes, Amahli Hala, Fleur Ginn, Melita Hicks (vc), Haidee Head, Taylor McCarthy-Smith, Piper Flynn, Taleah Ackland, Anne-Marie Ratu, Heidi Dennis

NSW

Tiarne Cavanagh, Bridget Clark, Kiiahla Duff, Milla Elaro, Ella Fountaine, Georgia Grey, Ella Koster, Aliyah Nasio, Claudia Neilson, Ella Tyan, Chloe Saunders, Piper Simons, Brook Talataina, Jada Taylor, Emma Vandervelde

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I'd be a fan of having all 5 Super Rugby franchises then an Rugby Australia team called the Barbarians or something for the overflow from NSW/QLD and the SA, NT, TAS players.

Its just NSW, QLD & a team called "the all stars" which is made up of girls from all the other states unions.

Unsure in the uni series will still be on, it was last yr

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Liam McNamara, former Aussie 7s rep, has been picked in the Irish squad for Hamilton this weekend as part of their IQ Strategy (do you have Irish heritage, come play for us).

Andre

Frank Row (1)
WHO is the IDIOT coach of Aussie 7s? He has one of the biggest weapons in the sport in Trae Williams, but brings him on when the match is already won or lost, for a minute or two.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
WHO is the IDIOT coach of Aussie 7s? He has one of the biggest weapons in the sport in Trae Williams, but brings him on when the match is already won or lost, for a minute or two.
It’s weird.
The coach does a lot of things that indicate he’s got no idea.
but, his results would indicate he’s one of the best.