• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2021

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Keen to see how this starting loose forward unit goes. Didn't see much of him in Super Rugby, but he's been great in all his AB appearances so far. Though would've like to see Sotutu get a run again from the bench. On the other hand, I could understand it might get a bit awkward fielding a forward with a superior passing game to both your halfback and first-five.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reasonable team I think, no real surprises with NZR policy of extra safety on HIAs with Ardie and Codie. Good to see Moody back on bench, and a little surprised that Jordan not on bench, but can see sense in giving him a breather.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
would've like to see Sotutu get a run again from the bench. On the other hand, I could understand it might get a bit awkward fielding a forward with a superior passing game to both your halfback and first-five.
TMB1XBQ.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Los Pumas: 1. Facundo Gigena, 2. Julian Montoya (captain), 3. Santiago Medrano, 4. Guido Petti, 5. Matias Alemanno, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Marcos Kremer, 8. Rodrigo Bruni, 9. Gonzalo Bertranou, 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 11. Santiagio Cordero, 12. Jeronimo De la Fuente, 13. Matias Moroni, 14. Bautista Delguy, 15. Juan Cruz Mallia. Replacements: 16. Facundo Bosch, 17. Carloe Muzzio, 18. Enrique Pieretto, 19. Tomas Lavanini, 20. Juan Martin Gonzalez Samso, 21. Gonzalo Garcia, 22. Santiago Chocobares, 23. Emiliano Boffelli

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Los Pumas: 1. Facundo Gigena, 2. Julian Montoya (captain), 3. Santiago Medrano, 4. Guido Petti, 5. Matias Alemanno, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Marcos Kremer, 8. Rodrigo Bruni, 9. Gonzalo Bertranou, 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 11. Santiagio Cordero, 12. Jeronimo De la Fuente, 13. Matias Moroni, 14. Bautista Delguy, 15. Juan Cruz Mallia. Replacements: 16. Facundo Bosch, 17. Carloe Muzzio, 18. Enrique Pieretto, 19. Tomas Lavanini, 20. Juan Martin Gonzalez Samso, 21. Gonzalo Garcia, 22. Santiago Chocobares, 23. Emiliano Boffelli
LOL looks like basically the same team that beat NZ by, pretty much, 25-8 last season?

ps stupid Sunday tests are messing with my Circadian shit, ffs it's Saturday NOW and I'm ready for the footy TODAY.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
RugbyPass AB ratings from the fateful fixture I mean fisture last season, which is, by the way, a STAIN ON OUR GREAT NATION THAT CAN NEVER, EVER, EVER BE ERASED, FOZZIE.

It’s hard to remember an All Black team playing so poorly and not being able to change the plan.

Here’re the All Black player ratings.

1. Joe Moody – 4
2. Dane Coles – 2. lost his rag, all that blue head/red head bullshit went RIGHT out the window. lost the plot
3. Tyrel Lomax – 5. never knew the plot. NOT the bloke you want next to you in the trenches when under the kosh
4. Patrick Tuipulotu – 3. LOLLLLL. "One of the players found out in playing a more physical team than the Wallabies. Three carries for three metres, one lineout take, a spill in contact and a couple of missed tackles. Off at 69 and might be lucky to get a start for a while."
5. Sam Whitelock – 6
6. Shannon Frizell – 2 FYCKING LOLLLLL. "Was like a boy against men. Kremer roughed him up like a rag doll at one stage."
7. Sam Cane – 4
8. Ardie Savea – 5. "With Sotutu creating space from the back of the scrum the selectors may have to make a big call around Savea"
9. Aaron Smith – 4
10. Richie Mo’unga – 4
11. Caleb Clarke – 5.5
12. Jack Goodhue – 2
13. Anton Lienert-Brown – 5.5
14. Jordie Barrett – 3 "After seeing the evasiveness of the opposition wings (and even DMac) perhaps our selectors can think about a genuine wing for the 14 jersey. Off at 47."
15. Beauden Barrett – 4

BENCH

20. Hoskins Sotutu – 5 "On at 47. Big tackle on Kremer at 59 minutes and like a train off the back of the scrum at 63."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Starting to get to be a worry fellas. With the extra few cases of Covid in Brisbane to day, if you SE Qld, I would be going to games tomorrow night as I can see no crowds next week if things don't improve.
Hopefully just contained to one family, and not just for rugby's sake either.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SamW heading over Saturday for his two weeks quarantine & expects to be "available if selected ;)" for last RC match.

No room at the quarantine inn until Tuesday so SamW staying in NZ but Mo'unga is heading over as four days prep isn't considered enough for a tightie but sufficient for a mere back.

Having RMo is obviously a bonus but geez we're gunna miss big Sam v SA.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Nic Berry (RA)
Assistant Referee 1: Jaco Peyper (SARU)
Assistant Referee 2: Graham Cooper (RA)
TMO: Brett Cronan (RA)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No room at the quarantine inn until Tuesday so SamW staying in NZ but Mo'unga is heading over as four days prep isn't considered enough for a tightie but sufficient for a mere back.

Having RMo is obviously a bonus but geez we're gunna miss big Sam v SA.
Shame about Sam, he was real keen on playing the Boks, knows the history etc, and loves the forward confrontation. Still covid does this, and can't be helped. Guess he will get in a game or 2 with Canterbury before he goes to NH.