• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2021

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
ABs are playing a completely different (starting) game against the Pumas c/f Wallabies. Against us they did not attemp[t anything like this amount of possession up front. And they focussed on taking 3points until ahead.

What is the possession stat like at the moment?
Argentines know if you make them create the plays it’s a different ball game to giving them counter attacking opportunities

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks for clarifying. Still as you say, it’s a school night and maybe not everyone wanted to spend 5 hours at the stadium, plus as I pointed out there’s an NRL final in progress which may be of more interest to many than this game. As long as it’s pretty full for our game I’ll be happy.
I thought there were enough kiwis on the GC to fill up the stadium for the first game...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought there were enough kiwis on the GC to fill up the stadium for the first game.
Well there’s a lot more Australians and it wasn’t close to full last time we played the Argies there. What are the crowds in NZ like for this fixture?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pretty sure even the Wallabies had a shit crowd last time we played here against Argentina.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ABs are playing a completely different (starting) game against the Pumas c/f Wallabies. Against us they did not attemp[t anything like this amount of possession up front. And they focussed on taking 3points until ahead.

What is the possession stat like at the moment?

Arg are all about possession & territory so makes sense to starve them of the ball & make them try to do too much with what ball they do get. Expect a similar game plan v SA but with probably a bit more width.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Floodgates could open in the second 40, weight of possession & territory really starting to find Arg out.

It's been relentless. Arg havent even looked like scoring a point apart from one shot from their own half.

Flapanara and Beaudy very much the B-combo though. Flappers pass just doesnt really open things up like AfterDavid.

Nice to see the AB tighties making a mess at the breakdown, Args getting wiped out=quick ball. Nepo seems to have remembered how huge he is.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's been relentless. Arg havent even looked like scoring a point apart from one shot from their own half.

Flapanara and Beaudy very much the B-combo though. Flappers pass just doesnt really open things up like AfterDavid.

Nice to see the AB tighties making a mess at the breakdown, Args getting wiped out=quick ball. Nepo seems to have remembered how huge he is.

Dare I suggest that one SBarrett hasn't been too shabby so far?