• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship 2021

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
At the time I commented he had just missed at least two throws in a row, not been in the right position for a pass that subsequently went out, and tried a one out carry that resulted in a turnover. It’s all very well coming in 20 minutes later when he’s thrown a few dollies to the front but it doesn’t mean he didn’t squander multiple opportunities. Don’t take it from me, take it from WOB who also commented on the line outs.
Is that the pass where Jacobsen basically ran all the way to the sideline and tried to pass it to him? One of those line outs wasn’t the throw - Argentina just beat the ABs to it. And he had a heap of carries in that first half - getting isolated once :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The way the ABs play, they expect an accurate clean out to be there.

He had 13 runs, 3 tackles - none missed - and won 12 line outs in a half of rugby.

According to espn stats anyway

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Is that the pass where Jacobsen basically ran all the way to the sideline and tried to pass it to him? One of those line outs wasn’t the throw - Argentina just beat the ABs to it. And he had a heap of carries in that first half - getting isolated once :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The way the ABs play, they expect an accurate clean out to be there.

He had 13 runs, 3 tackles - none missed - and won 12 line outs in a half of rugby.

According to espn stats anyway
No it was Ioane, not Jacobson. Again, at the time I commented he had been involved in the four previous turnovers, coming in 20 minutes after doesn’t take away from that.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well that makes me feel a little better about the Wallabies performance against the ABs this year.

Now let's see how we go against the bokkies

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rieko's haircut is fucking atrocious. Fuck he's easy to hate.
1bbujr.gif

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
No it was Ioane, not Jacobson. Again, at the time I commented he had been involved in the four previous turnovers, coming in 20 minutes after doesn’t take away from that.
I’m talking about the one at around 8.30 which was definitely Jacobsen.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well thought that was a bloody good performance. I think I will go to bed later quite relaxed. Liked the fact we didn't go all helter skelter and played a quite reasonable looking game plan.
I continue to wonder again why the hell the stadiums in Qld the grounds cut up so bad. Suncorp has done it for years, but not as bad as cbus, I just can't understand why the groundsmen can't get it right.
Mind you I probably only getting worried because ABs got 2nd game at Suncorp next week and I suspect the field will look a little like Cbus does just now.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Odd as it sounds, 39 pts is not a huge return for an AB team having spent 11 minutes in the oppo 22.

LOL@Gorge Bridge. He couldnt even slide over for a try properly. Just give Will Jordan back his jersey and go away please.

Taukeiaho is extremely impressive. Aumua played ok, few keen runs to counterbalance his botched throws but this kid looks to be the absolute business. No "apprentice tours" etc, just steps right in and delivers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Will say, I will be very surprised if Akira rests next week. He is playing bloody well and so I can see the sense of freshening him up a tad for the Boks, same with Lurch, I can see Vai'i, SB locking combo with PT on bench.
To be honest I can see Pumas changing a shit load too, keeping 'A' team for a crack at knocking over Wallabies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
ABs could roll out their fourth string side and win with ease next week. The Argies have nothing going forward.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB have closed the ranking points gap from 4.18 to 1.86 & could potentially reduce it to 0.04 IF they beat Argentina by 15+ again AND Australia beat SA by Edit: <15 again (a SA win pushes it out to 2.04). Either way, the winner of AB v SA in Townsville will be #1 in the WR (World Rugby) rankings.

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
AB have closed the ranking points gap from 4.18 to 1.86 & could potentially reduce it to 0.04 IF they beat Argentina by 15+ again AND Australia beat SA by >15 again (a SA win pushes it out to 2.04). Either way, the winner of AB v SA in Townsville will be #1 in the WR (World Rugby) rankings.

Possibly asking for Wallabies for 15 over Springboks is a tall order. Springboks get another chance to build against the Wallabies before the main game. Which will be big.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy with that.

Beauden, Rieko and Jordie were the standout backs I thought.

The whole forward pack seemed to go well. Aumua's direct ball running is very useful as it allows others (say an Akira) to play in the wide channels.

Lomax was far better off the bench than Ta'avao has been this season.

Argies offered very little - good scramble defense early on to keep it one try but eventually they broke. I think Argies have only scored 1 try in 3 Rugby Championship games so far. Their game relies on scoreboard pressure - they aren't built to chase (I know both of those statements apply to pretty much all teams but in Argie's case it is even more than most).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Happy with that.

Beauden, Rieko and Jordie were the standout backs I thought.

The whole forward pack seemed to go well. Aumua's direct ball running is very useful as it allows others (say an Akira) to play in the wide channels.

Lomax was far better off the bench than Ta'avao has been this season.

Argies offered very little - good scramble defense early on to keep it one try but eventually they broke. I think Argies have only scored 1 try in 3 Rugby Championship games so far. Their game relies on scoreboard pressure - they aren't built to chase (I know both of those statements apply to pretty much all teams but in Argie's case it is even more than most).
Go along with all that Kiwi, I like the depth getting a touch deeper, I think most agree that RMo is first choice 10, but BB is not a bad back up, same with Reiko, I really like him as a wing, but he pretty ok at 13, and not sure if you noticed that last weeek he and ALB were happy to swap places, wcich opens up attacking possibilities. Was real pleased how forward pack went.