• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am merely a simple knock-off merchant of the true artisan that is il maestro Pillock dell'isola di Pitcairn.

Hehehe.

I know I've seen some doccies on Pitcairn, but can't remember. Think it was 'bout Orcas barging seals off ice-sheets or something.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
On the 2nd day of quarantine in Sydney, the whole team obtained negative results in PCR tests carried out yesterday, after landed.

Source: UAR - Los Pumas

Are they locked in hotel rooms or are they in isolation together someplace where they can train?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Seeking legal counsel.

newlands_zpsr3bpc6er.jpg

Whassat? Only game the Blouses ever won outside of Auckland?

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Are they locked in hotel rooms or are they in isolation together someplace where they can train?

Los Pumas completed their second day of quarantine in Australia which had different moments during the day. In the morning, the negative results of the PCR tests carried out on the first day were announced, after arriving from Uruguay. In the afternoon, the team led by Mario Ledesma moved to the Leichhardt Oval, to carry out their first training session in the field, alternating physical work, game system, passing waves, backs habits, scrum and lineout.

The team is staying at the Rydges Northwest Sydney Hotel. The mandatory quarantine will continue with PCR testing in the coming days, individual isolation receiving meals in the rooms, gymnasium by groups and the only departure will be for field training.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
smh claim "final" Bled could be played on 31/10 so AB aren't in quarantine on Christmas Day:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...mas-under-new-solution-but-it-comes-at-a-cost

Even if everyone signs off on it in record time I wouldn't have thought there was enough time to sort out broadcasting & ticketing.

They postponed the presale of the Brisbane test, I assume all the others have been as well, so it looks like they're getting as ready as possible. It is a week clear of the NRL/AFL grand finals too, so there shouldn't be to much in the way of it going a head on the broadcasters end.The biggest issue is probably the loss in revenue the article mentions, which if New Zealand did agree to the original schedule would be on them to cover.

The delay could also be because South Africa are still to confirm there involvement, apparently that happens this weekend so I guess we'll know more then.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
They postponed the presale of the Brisbane test, I assume all the others have been as well, so it looks like they're getting as ready as possible. It is a week clear of the NRL/AFL grand finals too, so there shouldn't be to much in the way of it going a head on the broadcasters end.The biggest issue is probably the loss in revenue the article mentions, which if New Zealand did agree to the original schedule would be on them to cover.

The delay could also be because South Africa are still to confirm there involvement, apparently that happens this weekend so I guess we'll know more then.
General public (i.e. non-presale) tickets to the Suncorp doubleheader were supposed to go on sale at 11.00am 'local time' today. Not so on the Ticketek website, however.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
General public (i.e. non-presale) tickets to the Suncorp doubleheader were supposed to go on sale at 11.00am 'local time' today. Not so on the Ticketek website, however.

Rugby Australia emailed out on Tuesday that the presale has been delayed for a few days. So all onsales will be delayed based on that.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In the afternoon, the team led by Mario Ledesma moved to the Leichhardt Oval, to carry out their first training session in the field, alternating physical work, game system, passing waves, backs habits, scrum and lineout.

The team is staying at the Rydges Northwest Sydney Hotel. The mandatory quarantine will continue with PCR testing in the coming days, individual isolation receiving meals in the rooms, gymnasium by groups and the only departure will be for field training.

Bloody hell that's a solid 30km drive between venues. The Rydges is just around the corner from my club's home ground - should have made enquiries! I'm sure Parramatta Eels would have been accommodating.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hot off the presses:

"The All Blacks will be home for Christmas after Sanzaar and Rugby Australia announced a revised draw for the 2020 Rugby Championship.

"The 12-match tournament will now be played across seven weeks with Australia's clash against New Zealand moved from Saturday 12 December to Saturday 31 October at Sydney's ANZ Stadium.

"South Africa's Test against Argentina on Saturday 12 December has been moved to Newcastle's McDonald Jones Stadium to close out the tournament."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12371502

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck me isn't Australia accommodating. Best big brothers NZ could ask for really. Shame it's not reciprocal :oops: