• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
REVISED DRAW FOR 2020 RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP
Matchday one - Saturday, October 31, ANZ Stadium, Sydney
19:45 AEDT - Australia v New Zealand
Matchday two - Saturday, November 7, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
17:00 AEDT - Argentina v South Africa
19:45 AEDT - Australia v New Zealand
Matchday three - Saturday, November 14, Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
17:00 AEDT - New Zealand v Argentina
19:45 AEDT - South Africa v Australia
Matchday four - Saturday, November 21, ANZ Stadium, Sydney
17:00 AEDT - New Zealand v South Africa
19:45 AEDT - Australia v Argentina
Matchday five - Saturday, November 28, McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
17:00 AEDT - Argentina v Australia
19:45 AEDT - South Africa v New Zealand
Matchday six - Saturday, December 5, Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
17:00 AEDT - Argentina v New Zealand
19:45 AEDT - Australia v South Africa
Matchday seven - Saturday, December 12, McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
19:45 AEDT - South Africa v Argentina

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck me isn't Australia accommodating. Best big brothers NZ could ask for really. Shame it's not reciprocal :oops:

;) So when it so called couldn't be changed it was SAZAARS fault, when it can Australia is the good guy.:rolleyes:
I agree NZR have taken a cut in money which is fair enough.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Bloody hell that's a solid 30km drive between venues. The Rydges is just around the corner from my club's home ground - should have made enquiries! I'm sure Parramatta Eels would have been accommodating.

Maybe that 30-minute trip will allow the players to get a little distracted after so much confinement in their individual rooms.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It wouldn't be that bad to be honest. I doubt anyone expects him to win more than say 1 of those matches.

Put in some competent performances with glimpses of potential and he's in the clear.

If you do end up 0 and 4 though it makes it a tough road back to a respectable record and even though there'd be no real pressure on his job, the whole squad would certainly be feeling the extra pressure which I don't think makes playing well any easier.

That said, I'm bullish on our chances and would be surprised if we don't win at least one test against the All Blacks. I've been burnt many times before but I liked the 16.5 point start for the Wallabies on Sunday.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
0/4 is a disaster. All Blacks or not. 2 Tests at home and we absolutely should be expected to win those.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyone know any info about ticket availability and price? is it gunna be stupid expensive? Is below real?
wtf.JPG

If that's real what the actual fuck?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ opportunity cost of having empty seats due to Grouped Checkerboard seating being averaged out over the ones people are actually able to sit in would be my guess. Out of interest, what would tix for a Bledisloe at ANZ normally cost?

Edit: sky stadium adult prices range from $80 behind the sticks to $225 between the 10m lines & elevated.

https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/events/WABSVAUS20/venues/SKYWWT/performances/ENAB0000020A/tickets

Edit: click on "cancel" to view properly.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dunno but my previous enthusiasm for attending is gone
Well, I’m still keen on going to the Brissie game altho’ heaven knows what the ticket prices will be. At this point it isn’t even clear if there will be a ‘pre-sale’, as was to be the case, or if it will just be a mad scramble until the pattern of seats sold reaches the Covid plan’s limits.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It wouldn't be that bad to be honest. I doubt anyone expects him to win more than say 1 of those matches.

Put in some competent performances with glimpses of potential and he's in the clear.

I agree. We are playing the number one side in the world....we have been hurt by departures in last 12 months more than ABs due to not having same depth. We are as you say I think looking at glimpses of potential, not perfect, but with some improvement as go through the series.