• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRIX

Pocock now has that cloak of invisibility that only McCaw seemed to own. If Pocock continues to get away with it and play the ref so brilliantly next week, Wallabies win.

It must be noted that the more mates you have with you at the breakdown, the more invisible the cloak seems to be - by that I mean, if the rest of the team is not committed to hitting rucks and your left 1 out attempting the things Bam was tonight than chances are that you'll get pinged 9 out of 10.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
McCaw will be there, Muliana is gone I think and Slade maybe, hopefully Dagg and Kahui are fit to play,the word was they will be OK.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCabe is insisting his shoulder will be fine...

The lineout needs a lot of work this week.

The AB's won't put as much pressure on us there, but we need to be able to win our own ball.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
hmmm... just read this in an article:

Every defending World Cup champion has been beaten at the next tournament by the team that went on to win the Webb Ellis trophy.

interesting.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think it got all the makings of a top game next week. I was mightily impressed with Wallabies yesterday. Thought Pocock was immense, and agree about cloak etc,have always said he does it well, now I think other people are appreciating just how good he is getting at playing refs. Was pretty impressed with Genia, JOC (James O'Connor) and Horwill as well yesterday. For the ABs, good workout against Argos, they looked a little out of sync at times I thought, was interested to see how Cruden went when he came on, considering regardless of what Cannon said on TV ,he hasn't been playing club rugby last week, he has had no rugby for a month whem ITM finished. I really looking forward to loose forward battle next week, should have a huge influence on outcome.

J

Jay

Every defending World Cup champion has been beaten at the next tournament by the team that went on to win the Webb Ellis trophy.

interesting.

It is an interesting little nugget, nugget. However, there's also the record no World Cup winner has lost a match along the way. Those two historical trends will go head to head at Eden Park next week with only one remaining true at full time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

interesting.

lol Yep, but also noone has ever lost a pool match and won WC, quandries huh??
and ABs have never beaten Wallabies in a WC
oh and ABs havew never lost a WC game in NZ
so something has to change

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)

ha, yes something's got to give.

All I know, is this game has the potential to be the greatest game of rugby ever played in the history of mankind. Can... not.. wait.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
As shaky as we are at 1st V, at least the AB's don't have to constantly rearrange the backline to compensate for Cooper's poor defense. He is going to be tested and you saw last night how just one try can do it.

If Cruden is in, Wallabies will expose his poor defense and kicking game.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Just watched on Fox McCabe had a minor shoulder-dislocation, popping in back into place "several times" during the game, and should be fit to play, along with Beale, against NZ.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the team will be:

15. Kurtley Beale
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. McCabe
11. Digby
10. Cooper
9. Genia
8. Samo
7. Pocock
6. Elsom
5. Vickerman
4. Horwill
3. Alexander
2. Moore
1. Kepu

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Sharpe
19. McCalman
20. Burgess
21. Barnes
22. Horne

Probably pretty close to what I'd pick too, except I'd have Horne and McCabe swapped around.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)

New Zealand beat Aus in 1987, no?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)

Definitely...add to that the Eden Park Hoodoo vs the Chokers' tag

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Just watched on Fox McCabe had a minor shoulder-dislocation, popping in back into place "several times" during the game, and should be fit to play, along with Beale, against NZ.

I admire McCabes guts and determination, but he fell of some tackles on the weekend that opened holes (not saying other players didn't), but he'll be marking Nonu on the weekend and I would dare say that shoulder would be getting more of a workout than from the previous weekend.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I admire McCabes guts and determination, but he fell of some tackles on the weekend that opened holes (not saying other players didn't), but he'll be marking Nonu on the weekend and I would dare say that shoulder would be getting more of a workout than from the previous weekend.

The most glaring miss was early in the game where he completely missed a tackle which led to a Springbok break. Luckily he made the offload to Big Kev about two minutes later which led to our try. It was a great time for McCabe to make his fourth pass of the season.

I thought apart from that missed tackle, his defence was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.