• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jesus. Grisly reading when laid out like that.

ALL his own making. Too stubborn to change. Sam Cane is my forever captain, Ardie is my forever 8 and B.B is my forever fullback.

fosterselection.png

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I look forward to the dawning realisation of all Kiwis that maybe the ABs just arent that good anymore and that this one single bloke isn't solely responsible for all their failings.

Hardly Foster's fault Akira is too lazy and fat to rely on and that all the actual hard working flankers are peasized or that you haven't produced a new international quality lock in about a decade.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I look forward to the dawning realisation of all Kiwis that maybe the ABs just arent that good anymore and that this one single bloke isn't solely responsible for all their failings.
The concerning thing for me is that no matter how s**t the AB's are - the Wallabies are just that more s**t (how else can we explain losing the Bledisloe forever) :)

Sorry, I digress. I reckon AB's to finish their group 2nd.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Whitelock named to play his 148th Test, equalling McGOAT's AB record:

All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Caleb Clarke, Anton Lienert-Brown, David Havili, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Damian McKenzie, Cam Roigard; Ardie Savea (capt), Dalton Papalii, Luke Jacobson, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Samison Taukei’aho, Ofa Tuungafasi. Reserves: Dane Coles, Ethan de Groot, Fletcher Newell, Scott Barrett, Tupou Vaa’i, Aaron Smith, Richie Mo’unga, Rieko Ioane

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Roigard playing well again, albeit in nothing more than an opposed training run. More than a little sad tbh. A poor Namibian dude suffered a pretty gruesome ankle break too.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
deGroot's Red coming at a pretty shit time with Lomax still in rehab. Haven't seen it yet (working & we only have FTA) but assuming he'll get 3 weeks minus 1 for doing the tackle school thing so back in time for QF. Gotta hope none of Ofa, Nepo, Newell or Williams go down or get carded in the remaining Pool matches.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
deGroot's Red coming at a pretty shit time with Lomax still in rehab. Haven't seen it yet (working & we only have FTA) but assuming he'll get 3 weeks minus 1 for doing the tackle school thing so back in time for QF. Gotta hope none of Ofa, Nepo, Newell or Williams go down or get carded in the remaining Pool matches.
Foster’s comments after the game were revealing. He mentioned that thy would be comparing it with a similar tackle made the day before, I think referencing the French yellow.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foster’s comments after the game were revealing. He mentioned that thy would be comparing it with a similar tackle made the day before, I think referencing the French yellow.
And he'd be spot on. The whole point of the NRL bunker was having the same dude making the decisions every match. Why can't rugby do that.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
And he'd be spot on. The whole point of the NRL bunker was having the same dude making the decisions every match. Why can't rugby do that.
So that we can be all about equality and have muppets like Joy Neville doing it part time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Roigard playing well again, albeit in nothing more than an opposed training run. More than a little sad tbh. A poor Namibian dude suffered a pretty gruesome ankle break too.
That ankle break must of been ugly, the ref turned away as soon as hew saw iy and walked away.